Is there a Doctor....

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Driving along minding my own business having taken Winston out for a walk, I passed a couple and the man looked a little wobbly on his feet. He literally fell to the ground landing partway into the road.
You could tell this wasn't someone who'd had one too many so I stopped the truck and went to see if everything was alright. A lad coming the opposite way and the bloke in the car behind me did the same. It turned out the man was having an epileptic fit :eek:

Just as I got to asking if we needed an ambulance, the next guy to come along just happened to be a doctor and he soon took charge of the situation. Kind of surreal really, bearing on mind it's panto season - "is there a doctor in the house? "

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
Just in case anyone wonders - speaking as the father of an epileptic - make sure that they're not in a dangerous place and call for a ambulance.
Keep anyone who comes out with suggestions of putting something in their mouth well away.

Chervil

Site Supporter
Well done for stopping. Dealing with seizures can be a bit frightening. I've dealt with a couple in the police and one with a student a couple of weeks ago. Luckily I made a point of checking their Buccal Meds at the start of term, found it was out of date, so made them bring in date stuff in, then, two months later was giving it to them.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
You've had a busy day aint ya mate, looking after me this morning now that, Happy new year pal ;);)

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
We have our own medic on here, @Fishy Medic. Come to think of it, I need a second opinion as I have a pain in the neck and the Nurse said get divorced.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Lad serving in my electrical wholesalers had one while I was telling him what I wanted. I thought he was going to thump me one. The look on his face he had before he went to the floor. His workmates simply walked around him as if nothing was happening. Scared the #### out of me. I thought the poor guy was having a heart attack. Reminds me .... My first aid cert has run out.

Pompous git

Site Supporter
I would imagine paramedics sleep well, they do a marvellous job at the `sharp end`.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
A very good friend of mine is a paramedic, and according to him, threats of violence and abuse has nearly doubled in the last 4 years. The reason he still carries on? It's the one person that says.."Thank you".