Is there a better hook for Bread Punch?

Zerkalo

I use those Wide Gape Carp a bit too for various bits of fishing. Nice small hook given the size of the Chub you had then!

Think I'll be on 16s tomorrow and see how it goes...

grey

Site Supporter
Anything with a round bend for punch. 511/611 are fine.

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
as am alergic to maggots n casters that n hemp n tares

Me too, allergic to the cost, I would need maybe 4 pints of casters £15 versus 4 loaves £2,if I was fishing a match for money it would be different but pleasure fishing I like to keep the bait bill down.

Zerkalo

Fished on a size 16 and 14 B611 today. No real problems with the hook although I didn't catch much to test it.

But with Punch staying on the hook, I found it better if I compressed the Punch to 2mm depth (can do that on Preston Commercial Punches). I don't think the Kingsmill bread I had was the best I've had for staying on.

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
Fished on a size 16 and 14 B611 today. No real problems with the hook although I didn't catch much to test it.

But with Punch staying on the hook, I found it better if I compressed the Punch to 2mm depth (can do that on Preston Commercial Punches). I don't think the Kingsmill bread I had was the best I've had for staying on.
I just crush it in my fingers before I hook it, only leave it untouched when fishing it popped up, was going to go stick float fishing at Blackstone tomorrow as the rivers dropping nicely but I've put a Stanley knife through my left thumb, cannot use a reel properly ???

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
Gamakatsu 6315 were a brilliant punch hook or the long gone original Tubertini 2T were the best all round canal hook ever but Owner stopped making them and replaced them with the series 2 opaco which was not forged so not as strong as the original.