Is the Garbolino Analogy any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOTBobNudd

I've just seen an ad for the new gabolino analogy pole. 14.5 mteres plus 4 x tops. SOUNDS great! but is it any good???

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Welcome Dave to Maggotdrowning.[;)]

Is the Garbolino Analogy any good? The thing is mate that this is a very new pole,i haven't seen one in the shops yet.
On balance though Garbolino poles are normally quite good,but it's all a bit subjective really.
Some people swear by Maver,others LERC etc. Horses for courses really.

Peter.
Datafile3.asp

Make Friends,
Go Maggotdrowning.

Dibber

Welcome NOTBobNudd!
I was in the market for a new pole this week, I checked out a few I can tell you. I've just bought the Shaky SuperTeam at 14.5 meters for 395.00. The reason for this is I couldn't find a 14.5 Maver Deliverance anywhere. They are abundant at 13m but I think Maver haven't started production on the extention yet and I couldn't wait (just joined a new club with a Canal!). Anyway where was I - Ah! the Analogy, during my search for the best sub 400 pole I was offered one of these, what put me off though is the weight - 1380gms at 14.5m. The shop owner said it was much more droopy than the Deliverance but in the same price bracket - his preference would be the Deliverance every time. Upon further questioning I found out that the Garb has thicker walls hence the increased weight but is far stronger and as they say some anglers prefer poles this way. If you want an out and out carp pole then the Garb should be o.k. if an all rounder was required then the Maver would be more at home being more suited to handling small to medium fish with the odd big one thrown in for good measure! Anyway good luck in your search and I hope it will be as fruitfull as mine!

Hope it helped

Dibber

Status
Not open for further replies.