Is it Time for a Turf - Out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
Yesterday I went fishing (and achieved a lifetime ambition of a double-figure carp on a centrepin. Bliss).

But today I decided to "rationalise" my gear.

What do I REALLY need to cart with me, every time I go for a few hours on the bank ?

I "reserved" a box of floats. Some I kept for sentimental reasons, such as porcupine quills, cork bodied perch bobs, fluted elderpith floats and crow quill floats.

Others were kept in the fond hope that I will use them again soon - Bob Dean sticks, Billy Makin wagglers and Topper Avons.

But much of the excess weight went into the bin.

Will I EVER again want to use:
12 oz hook length line ?
Loose size 26 hooks (as if I could see to tie 'em) ?
2 x no.4 waggler floats ?
1.5lb mainline ?

Lead bombs in 10 sizes up to 3oz. At least a dozen of each size.

Or wire trace snap tackles with size 6 trebles, with 2oz spiral leads and home-made pike floats made from Jif Lemon containers ?
I even found one of those horrendous pike-gag things, but at least I'd taped the spiky prongs.

My tackle bag weighs half what it used to.

But where's that bloody baitdropper gone, now I need it ?
[:(!][:(]

Anybody else regret being over-enthusiastic when having a clear out ?

Chavender

Steve
i hardly ever throw things away , just tidy them away then foget where i'm always looking for one thing and find another ( once found a centrepin i hadn't seen for twenty years ,In a box of mini car bits ).I have a small bag for my bits (A tesco's flight bag)

100-4803F.jpg

most of my terminal tackle fits in those little clam shell box's ,my river floats are in pencil cases (some in the wallet type longer floats in tube types).I can even fit a bait box in the bags as well & a small compartmentd box of ledgers & a centrepin or closed faced reel (with one or the other fitted on the rod).

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
Originally posted by gudgeon_grabber

i hardly ever throw things away , just tidy them away then foget where i'm always looking for one thing and find another ( once found a centrepin i hadn't seen for twenty years ,In a box of mini car bits ).I have a small bag for my bits (A tesco's flight bag)

100-4803F.jpg

most of my terminal tackle fits in those little clam shell box's ,my river floats are in pencil cases (some in the wallet type longer floats in tube types).I can even fit a bait box in the bags as well & a small compartmentd box of ledgers & a centrepin or closed faced reel (with one or the other fitted on the rod).

Oh GeeGee, that bag is SOOO sweet, with its little dinky handle !

DO tell me where I can get one !

[:X][:X][:X][;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.