Is it scam

penbill

At it again scam calls
I had seven calls telling me my phone and broad band will be stopped in 24hrs if I don't press 0ne to stop it being switch off, the last one
was 8am to day.Eny one else getting them I think if it real I would a email or a letter.

tunna

my father-in-law been getting them for about 3 months now, all automated calls, or he would tell to Ferck off lol

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Is the number witheld... if not take a note and report it to offcom or alternatively add it to your blocked callers list

Somersetlad

Your ip address has been compromised, of course it's a scam, if you can be arsed follow it through, but don't actually type anything on your computer, it's a good bit of fun, especially when your computer isn't turned on.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I was getting those type of calls from someone saying they were from Talk Talk, (I'm with Plusnet). The calls traced back to a place in North Wales and after reporting them I haven't had one for a few weeks now.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
I regularly get calls from some Asian sort claiming that my microsoft account has been compromised... they always get a 2 word reply

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
We used to get those kind of calls but we have caller display and if we do not recognise the number we do not answer the phone, the calls have stopped. Anybody who knows me calls me on my mobile.

jods

Site Supporter
If don't know the number i answer tell em to **** off and block the number.

Simon R

Site Supporter
The last 'Microsoft' guy that phoned did so whilst I was at work
Kept him on the phone for ages because he couldn't tell me which computer had the 'virus'
He suddenly twigged that maybe I was in an office and I said "Sir, do you realise you've come through to the office of Homeland Security?" - I've never heard some one hang up so quickly.:p

The other good one for the Microsoft scammers is ask 'em where the Windows key is on an Apple computer :p

Simon

The Landlord

Site Supporter
My mate's an IT consultant & is an agent for Microsoft. He got a call from some fella in Sri Lanka one day, similar to the original post in this thread. He recorded it, stuck it on facebook & played along with the guy. Christened him "Jack the Scammer". Phone went dead as soon as my mate revealed what he did for a living. Daft pillock even phoned him a few days later, trying the same thing. My mate said "Hi Jack - nice to talk to you again". Fella realised he'd been rumbled & started quoting all sorts of 911 & Al Quada rubbish.

crackatoa

Site Supporter
Please do not PM me no more :oops: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Seriously, I had one once that played along. She was filthy, very filthy. She must have done those sex lines in the past. Unfortunately it was a witheld number and she never did ring again

Paul22

I just put the phone down then block the number...... I don’t get into any dialogue whatsoever.........
The amount of prize money I’ve missed out on is unbelievable ????