Is it really this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cedric

I just read this weeks Angling Times, not a single mention of the "new season" anywhere. Is it really this weekend. [?]

Simon R

Site Supporter
Originally posted by Cedric

I just read this weeks Angling Times, not a single mention of the "new season" anywhere. Is it really this weekend. [?]
I was just about to post about this!
Anglers Mail has a three page write up, followed by lots of information in their 'Where's Fishing' feature - in AT there's nothing[:(!]

They really should rename the paper - 'Carp Puddle Weekly' - 'cos that's all they ever write about.

I bought AT every week for about 25 years (1978-2003ish) and read it from cover-cover - starting at the back for the match coverage of course.
Nowadays I pick it up in Smiths in my lunch-hour and can read all the interesting bits in about two minutes flat.

Anglers Mail used to be a bit of a joke in comparison but is now streets ahead in articles, Where To Fish guides, even the match coverage is getting better.

Surely AT has got to be losing readers?
I wonder how many who used to buy it still do

Simon

mouse77

Originally posted by scttsman04

nope match fishing and advanced pole for me!

The July issue of advanced pole is excellent mate....especially the article from page 12 to 16....lol....lots of good advice and a damn fine looking bloke if i say so myself....lol.

DEANO 70

Deano
Same here just got Angling times WHAT A WAST OF TIME not one thing about the river.

DEANO 70

Deano
Just went in to a tackle shop and a chap was asking advice how to fish halibut pellet on the severn , Man behind the counter said i dont fish rivers ! Sums it up. I gave the the man some advice on what to do.Dont care cause more people who dont fish rivers more for me

Cedric

Bye-Bye Angling Times, no more for me. To think they only re-launched a few weeks ago and merged with AT Advanced. They are so in the pockets of pellet, paste and groundbait advertisers that is all they ever go on about. Double page "articles" that are no more than an advert for the latest product launch.

Simon R

Site Supporter
I posed the same question on the AT Messageboard
http://forum.anglingtimes.co.uk/forumlive/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11037

Nobody seemed in the slightest bit interested
I was hoping for a response from somebody on the staff editorial team but needless to say that wasn't forthcoming.
Although as the only forum not to have banned the infamous Lester I shouldn't really be surprised[:p]

Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.