Is it all about the draw

Line Clip

In our club matches there are very good anglers, good anglers and not so good anglers, and anglers that just like to be out fishing
and enjoy the banter of a match, and hope one day they draw a flier and success comes there way.
If they do win its enough to keep them happy for weeks to come until the draw bag is kind again .When all goes wrong you here
things like, IT JUST DIDN'T FISH or THERE NOT FEEDING.regardless they are always there at the draw to give it another go.
At the opposite end of the scale, the top boys have the skill to get the best out of any peg, as we all know, they draw well and its
game over for the rest of us.
I would say in our own club matches, its nearly always the same faces that pick up the money each week but the draw bag can be
a great leveler at times. specially now when fish are balled up.
Happy New Year to all and lets hope for a good year of Angling. (y)

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
Part of the attraction of match fishing is that ordinary anglers get a chance to beat the experts now and again.

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
thats why i enjoyed my team fishing the most as im terrible for drawing good pegs so at least team fishing i never drew my peg and i always had the section to fish for and the points were more important than winning any money.

This time of year some venues can be really really peggy but fish shoal up so it is what it is lol

matti

Site Supporter
Its the same with most clubs, ours is, im not a great fisherman by any means, but I enjoy it and I'll try and give anyone a run for there money, recently I've had a good run came 2nd and 3rd in the last 2 matches. But its always the same when the egos turn up and it starts, theyve drawn a flier, I wouldn't bother setting up, blah blah, and when they bomb they come up with every excuse as to why they didn't catch, I even got accused of cheating in the last match, a venue with a ground bait ban, so I fed mole hill soil with casters and maggot, apparently that wasn't allowed under the ban, whatever, it makes me laugh when it all kicks off,

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Sounds like my old club, a broad mix of skill levels amongst members but the bulk of them would rock up for every match - I wonder now if it was mostly for the cheap fried breakfasts from our clubhouse & tea brought to your peg.

There was always the odd surprise winnner but mostly the top 5 of our club league was the same few guys vying hotly for the tiny plastic trophy that came with club champion each year.

On the away matches you tended to see mayhem around the draw bag and the sledging that went with a “no-hoper” pulling a flyer but it always evened itself out over the year.