Is Brian Rix Running Football?

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
Just watched what might be my last game of football on TV. Farcical disallowing of the goal by Tottenham.

If that is where football is going then I am done with it. Totally lost interest after that. And more so when the defender elbowed Son in the head and was clearly lining up the hit and not watching the ball. Should have been a second yellow.

160642fishing

Site Supporter
As the commentator said Neil,if it had happened at the other end of the pitch Mourino would have wanted the goal disallowed,after the debacle of our first match back at Aston Villa it was probably justice,rules are rules.Three quality goals from the Blades showed Spurs up I think.

PeteC

No doubt Spurs were rubbish, but the VAR decision for disallowing the goal for handball was really farcical....suppose it's not VAR itself but the ludicrous rules which give no leeway for any common sense...Moura was falling over and the ball was lashed at his arm by the Sheffield defender ...surely the rules need to change for some form of intent rather than 'oh it brushed his arm therefore it's handball'.....same for offside...complete twaddle. Technology and the application of daft rules are ruining the game in my opinion...!

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
It is my opinion that the people running the FA/football don't want technology, never did. Thus they are using it in a non-sensible way so that they can scrap it.

Used sensibly, like spotting Pogba tripping himself up for a penalty against Spurs, it could be a force for good in the game like it has made cricket, rugby & tennis better. But while we have assholes in charge of football we will never see the benefits, just the farce like last night and Sheffield's not given goal against Villa. The Sheffield manager even agreed the Spurs goal should have stood.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
How can the FA be using VAR in a non-sensible way,the supportive decisions are made by an independent panel viewing the footage and the guidance on how VAR is applied is coming from UEFA and FIFA. We cannot go against what the official body for the sport wants and to do so when all other countries are using it would be very dangerous for us at senior club and international level.
I watch far more cricket and rugby of both codes than football now and there are a lot more dubious decisions creeping into cricket and the officials in rugby are really suffering as every slight contentious issue is referred.

davylad

Site Supporter
It does make you wonder just how many games were won and lost wrongly in rugby league. Before the big screen you might have said "what goes round comes round", WRONG. The big clubs almost always got the 50 / 50's, without any question. In football I don't think it's VAR that's the problem, it's the ridiculous laws of the game, "accidental" hand ball by another player when attacking. If it's accidental it shouldn't be a free kick, should it?

160642fishing

Site Supporter
Whatever is said about the Sheff U/Spurs decision the bald facts are that if the ball had not hit Mouras arm it would not have reached Harry Kane,not that I'm biased of course :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Simon Walsh

Site Supporter
Neil at first you had my sympathy, but Pogba tripping himself up... come on, what are you talking about. It seems you’d only be happy in everything went in Spurs favour. Bit silly in my humble opinion🙁