Is anyone fishing this weekend?

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Doesn't sound like the increase in temperatures have helped here yet or at least are being cancelled out by the rain as reading through my clubs social media it's seems the last couple days have been just as dire as when it was cold. Could change any day now I guess as the higher temperatures take effect but I've certainly not a clue where to go tomorrow ?

ATTICUS FINCH

Club fur n feather Sunday at more house farm on the canal lake.
Am going for four wins on the trot..
Practice on the venue has been good with a couple of methods worked out that will hopefully produce a fish or enough to win .
Am currently 2nd in our matchman of the year by five points with three matches to go. So I need a couple of good results and the drawbag to be kind to me.

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
I’m thinking I’ll fish in the morning. I had a good session on Tuesday so I’m hoping to fish the same peg. Had the lake to myself and there is a good chance I will tomorrow, especially at dawn. It’s a new lake and no-one seems to fish it much. They tend to stay on the lakes they know. It’s a good winter lake though with a lot of f1s around two pounds. It also seems to have a lot of perch in if Tuesday is anything to go by. I had a few small roach as well. I fished 2 plus 2 and caught well so I’m looking forward to it.

Simon R

Site Supporter
Christmas match on Sunday
Forecast is lousy

1607775282787.png

But I've spent the three months amassing the prize table so no way am I cancelling it :p

Simon

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
This is where I fished this morning at Birch House Lakes. It’s a bit barren at the moment as it’s a brand new lake but they usually do a good job of planting trees, lilies, reeds and the like so it will be nice in a couple of years. It is fishing really well though. I started off with five or six perch but then the f1s moved in. Had a really good morning fishing two plus two just over depth, about five feet deep. Three live reds on the hook and loose feeding more maggots over the top.

B6388B38-E1FE-4050-A4E5-8AA8ED44DF9E.jpeg

nutmeg

Site Supporter
Evening guys, l hope that everybody who made the effort to go fishing today had a good day.
I had a great day on the Shroppie for mid December, and turned the tables on my fishing buddy after last sunday when he had the upper hand.
Fished bread punch all day, and only fed the occassional nugget of liquidised bread and a small amount of white squat, no more than once an hour, l was into fish from the start, and ended up with bream, skimmers, hybrids and roach. IMG-20201212-WA0007.jpg IMG-20201212-WA0008.jpg IMG-20201212-WA0004.jpg

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
Evening guys, l hope that everybody who made the effort to go fishing today had a good day.
I had a great day on the Shroppie for mid December, and turned the tables on my fishing buddy after last sunday when he had the upper hand.
Fished bread punch all day, and only fed the occassional nugget of liquidised bread and a small amount of white squat, no more than once an hour, l was into fish from the start, and ended up with bream, skimmers, hybrids and roach. IMG-20201212-WA0007.jpg IMG-20201212-WA0008.jpg IMG-20201212-WA0004.jpg
Nice bag of fish.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Brilliant pal. Hope I get a net like that tomorrow at Christleton. Can't see it though...very clear apparently until a couple of boats go through. One of the lads had a practice the other day & netted a 5lb bream.

BURNING

had my first ever chub today after lots of blanks, thats my main mission for the winter completed, about 48cm long so prob 2 pounds weight

forecast sunday onwards is high winds for a week or two, gets me blue, wanted to try and catch whting on lures for fun

rudd

Site Supporter
Heading out tomorrow to Rockells Farm (Essex), for a first recce on the venue for my next winter league match on January 17th. Never fished it so looking to have a couple of sessions there between now and then.
Fished it many years ago, crammed full of carp back then at 3-4lb