Is anyone fishing this weekend and if so what's your plans?

rudd

Site Supporter
I am minimising my gear as off to Suffolk for a short break with the family where they have 2 lakes?? Should be able to get a few hours in early morning and late evenings without being a party pooper for the Mrs and Lad :) Literally going to be 2 rods, feeders floats and baits......oh and a chair lol
Where abouts in Suffolk?

ae111sr

Site Supporter
I fished there last Monday , I live in the Caerphilly Borough , it's right on the border I think the river counts as the border , there were people from Cardiff there .
I didn't realise that it was in the inside the Caerphilly Borough boundary when I went there on 10th September, lock down started on 8th. OOPPSS!!! :eek:

NoCarpPlease

Site Supporter
double Header for me on the Warks Avon.
saturday - below the weir at Barford in the 5th round of the league there (3 sections above, 3 below).
sunday - Riverfest qualifier at Stratford upon Avon

squimp

Site Supporter
Fishing for big perch tomorrow.

Have high hopes as I’m fishing with somebody who has a great track record with big predators. Hopefully his technique(s) will rub off on me........

20 Pike between us; best about 13lb. Most 7-9lb.

40 - 50 perch. Best 3.04 and 3.01. 4 others Over 2lb. Rest quite small even on 2/0 to 4/0 hooks to try and stop them !

Good fun and I did learn plenty (my mate caught at least 2/3 of the fish). But bloody hard work in a pitching boat in wind gusting to 30mph. Fly fishing is difficult in conditions like that; especially if you have to cast into the wind......

I need a good kip.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Well my bags packed our Gerts just made me breakfast Alberts, walked hes off out with Gert jnr today, 2 baits meat and corn just need the fish to play (y)

nutmeg

Site Supporter
Back home after a very hard session, just 8 roach, but over 40 boats which basically killed any chance of getting any kind of a routine going, the majority of the boaters were very considerate and went past nice and slow, but as the canal is very shallow it doesnt take much to disturb the silt and colour the water. Packed up at 1.30 defeated lol.
Back on a stillwater on tuesday all being well.

BTMS

Site Supporter
Fished the Chelmer today lots of paddle boarders 4 pike hooked and landed 1, lost 2 tench but still managed to come 3rd some v good roach 6-12oz on hemp and wheat for 5lb 10oz came 3rd. One of the pike must have been a female wide girth and effing huge!!!

gixer 13

Site Supporter
drew peg 7 on four islands at portland, smack in the middle of an island so no corner, or gap in the island to fish to. It was mega hard had 20lb 8oz which was enough for a section win. 70lb won the lake some only had odd fish one lad on 10 only had 2 roach.

Mike_Globe

Always on a Flier
Site Supporter
48 hour session at Trent view with my lad, typical of my recent sessions the forecast looks awful!

Fugley-fisher

Site Supporter
Had to scrap plans for fishing, crohn's playing up can't stray to far from the modern convenience !! Better luck next time.

Hillswood46

Site Supporter
I'm locked down in Dublin and the river Shannon and Suck water levels have dropped nicely since my last flood infested trip in Late August. Im pissed off but with an elderly mum keeping all the tackle safe for me I wont risk her health by driving down anyway. Fed up of it at this stage.