Is anyone fishing this weekend and if so what's your plans?

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Off down to the Wye at Bredwardine on Sunday with my mate for three days chasing the barbel and chub. Can't wait. Last time I fished a river Noah came past on a boat.

A mate was down Ross 2 week back had plenty of Barbel in the 5 - 8 pound Bracket but no doubles Most on Halibut pellets.

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Club match on Rookery Waters Magpie lake Sunday. Same lake Bettsfan struggled on on Tuesday. Last match a week ago saw me land one fish. So confidence not high despite a reasonable day on a club lake Thursday.

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
Might try a session on the local river this weekend, for some chub and roach. There are some barbel , but not had one yet. Not been out for 3 weeks due to work commitments, and a couple of jobs have cropped up for this weekend , so it will be a short evening session. Good luck to all those fishing.

rudd

Site Supporter
Is anyone fishing this weekend and if so what's your plans?

Match, Pleasure, Speci or on the rivers chasing Barbel?
Just walked inlaws dog, washed / dried up, had breakfast,read and replied to a few posts, wife and girls.all asleep - going to take speci waggler rod, landing net, mat, bag of bits and some prawns and will sit on high bank fishing small slider for Perch and Tench until lunch time.
Kettle on for small flask and prawns jjst out of freezer (I find semi defrosted attracts big fish as scent wafts off).
Sun is out, birds are.singing and caffeine rushing through veins - going to sit, relax and enjoy the buzzards, kingfisher, deer, butterflies, damsels and any other nature that pops up!

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Might go to my favourite shop and buy my sen a new river accommodation this avvy, ??

Whisker

Site Supporter
Not been out since last time (now a hazy memory). Next Sunday for an MD match ?

bettsfan

I am minimising my gear as off to Suffolk for a short break with the family where they have 2 lakes?? Should be able to get a few hours in early morning and late evenings without being a party pooper for the Mrs and Lad :) Literally going to be 2 rods, feeders floats and baits......oh and a chair lol

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Not the weekend, but opens at Tunnel on Tuesday and Wednesday, and Bishops Bowl on Thursday with the match club ??here’s praying for decent draws after yesterday’s grueller ???

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Going Hampton Loade LB for a day on the stick now. Had a few beers with my brother for his birthday this afternoon so just sent my dad to the tackle shop for 4 pints of maggots and a pint of casters. Bagging time. :beer-toast1:

nutmeg

Site Supporter
Returning to the Llangollen canal in the morning, and hoping that the boaters are all having a nice lie in. My target will be the resident roach, l am only taking hemp, tares and some elderberries. Fingers crossed the roach are hungry.

Sam Vimes

Site Supporter
I rarely plan to fish at the weekends. I probably won't this weekend but if the weather is particularly nice, the sport particularly boring, or the neighbours especially noisy, I may yet venture out. It's hardly imperative that I get out, I've been out four days this week.

Fugley-fisher

Site Supporter
Working nights all weekend so next trip will be Tuesday, the colour and flow has but disappeared out the dorset stour, think I'll head down to chard res for a roach n bream day.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Had a shorter than usual session today as was too windy to fish properly for my ability. I know I normally moan about anything more than a slight breeze but this was something else was genuinely white horses on proper waves on the river! Float fishing was out of the question which was not ideal as I’d picked a stretch that’s not great for feeder in the hope that it was sheltered which it obviously wasn’t. Had a few fish but nothing like the numbers that I’ve had most of the summer and a smaller stamp as well which would have been alright on the float but not much fun on the feeder.
1600539082955.jpeg
Better than no fishing though and its still only been a week since my best session of the season so can’t complain too much! Looks absolutely lovely weather on Monday typically though ?

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Well my day out started well just got to the cafe as dirk was being served thanks for the coffe ,was given peg 19 on serpent lake ?dirk said peg 21 was a better peg Well I won the lake ,Sricbe I'm after 1 of your pies ??

Nice one Tony, well done (y) Would be a pleasure to hand over a pie (again) mate. :)

peterb

Site Supporter
Not me, I don't usually fish weekends, I leave that to those who can't or don't fish during the week. But I won't be fishing at all for a while as my usual fishery, Cefn Mably Lakes, is inside Caerphilly Borough boundary and they are locally locked down. :cursing::cursing2:
I fished there last Monday , I live in the Caerphilly Borough , it's right on the border I think the river counts as the border , there were people from Cardiff there .

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Not fishing this weekend, just prep work for the Midlands Individual match next Sunday, Top of the list tie my own 4" banded hair hooks, after losing 4 fish out last match I just don't trust Guru MWG hooks anymore.