Irrational Fishing Habits

Godber

.Nobice and inventor of W@nkles
Site Supporter
I'm not superstitious - but surely 13 turns on a knot will alert the wrong side of luck?

Out of curiosity, after you tie one of these hooks, what do you usually see next, a magpie or a black cat? :unsure:
I tied a batch years ago which had a longish shank so whipped 11 turns just to get the hair coming out just before the bend of the hook. I went on to win the friday knock up, the saturday and the sunday match at Lindholme on a Maggotdrowners weekend. Its been the norm ever since👍

Simon R

Site Supporter
I remember back when I started fishing at the age of 14 or so, it was considered bad luck (by the group I fished with) to either assemble the landing net or put a keep-net in the water before catching anything. To do so would ensure either a totally blank day or one where the landing net would not be required.
Fortunately I soon grew out of that habit.

Simon

parkes

On route to matches I find certain CD's played on the way tend to attract a very frustrating & overall bad day. This has been noticed over 18 months or so, tried & tested.
The mind boggles!

Total

Site Supporter
On route to matches I find certain CD's played on the way tend to attract a very frustrating & overall bad day. This has been noticed over 18 months or so, tried & tested.
The mind boggles!
It reminds me of an old fishing pal who would often turn up at a match venue with ' Eye of the tiger' blurting out from his car sound system and when questioned about it he said "it gave him confidence and motivation!":giggle:

When told "he needs to change his music looking at his match results".... he took a dim view!:LOL::ROFLMAO:

DontKillZander

Irregular member
Site Supporter
Mine is really embarrassing 😳

I don't touch maggots, they are disgustingggggggggggg

If I'm ever using them (which is so rarely), I'll glove up or use foreceps.

Stuff of nightmares those creatures.

smiffy

Site Supporter
I always tried to draw last or as close to last as possible, thinking the law of averages/probability would mean the fliers would still be in the bag, meaning at least probability would give me a better chance of drawing a flier. As has been pointed out on here, the maths doesn’t work out that way👍
In my head it still seems like a good system. I’d probably still draw close to last if I were still matchfishing.