Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Just added this as an extra page to the Fisheries Directory:

http://www.maggotdrowning.com/irishfisheries.htm

It's looking a little bare at the moment so if you know any details of Irish Fisheries can you send them in using the 'Submit a Fishery' form at the bottom of that page.

Cheers, Dave

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
How many do you want to have mate??

I've got the fish-hooked CD & its full of info on fisheries in the uk & ireland (can't understand how these damned paddy's can shorten ireland to eire??)[;)]

Alan

Just cos i ain't postin, it don't mean i ain't watchin

Simon R

Site Supporter
Is it possible to add pictures Dave?

I got lots for the lakes round Cootehill and Ballinamore

Let me know how to add them and I'll bung em on [:D]

Tight Lines

Simon

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Simon,

At the moment it is not possible but you can email them to me and I'll do so from this end. Please include a note to say what is what [:)]

Cheers,

Dave

Granville

Gents,
I will resist the temptation to ping you on the "paddy" jibe.

Suffice to say that Eire is a shortened version of Eireann. This is Irish/Gaelic for Ireland. Just like Hibernia is the Latin for Ireland.

Enough gospel...down to business.

You are looking for information on fisheries in Ireland [:)]
I assume this means formal commercial ventures rather than a details of the stretches on canals, rivers and lakes.

There are very few commercial fisheries in Ireland...I know of maybe two more and will fill in the details.
Most of the fishing is lake, river and canal and is 99% free (except where you cross onto a fluff chuckers stretch). We have very little carp, and the only stretches of them that I know of are on the canals.

I guess it just shows how undeveloped the sport is over here. The downside is that with farmyard run off/effluent seeping into the water courses you can get large stretches of water laid waste for a few years, although thankfully that is a rarity. You also get many a day with total blanks..but then sitting in Belle Island on the Erne I have pulled out 10 (8 lb)bream an hour for 6 hours and packed up because the only weight I could handle at that stage was a Guinness....or three.

Regards

Once More with feeling

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Thanks for that Granville and welcome onboard [:)]

Regards, Dave

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.