ireland

Status
Not open for further replies.

srcm

i am off to county cavan in september anyone know any good places

wecrookie

Originally posted by srcm

i am off to county cavan in september anyone know any good places

Have you checked the Going Fishing section & seen the posts on Ireland?

DerekG could be the man to PM.He has a banner at the bottom of his posts
which takes you here: http://www.cavanfishing.com/

Hope it helps

yours wecrookie[:0]

nutmeg

Site Supporter
county Cavan is a brilliant place to fish mate, please ignore the ignorant childish negative post of the half wit who posted at 9.37 this evening. where are you staying at and l will pm you some venues that you should enjoy.
like wecrookie said contact DerekG as he will be only too pleased to help you. you will literally be spoilt for choice as to where to fish.
also have a look at www.fishingtalkireland.com as there are some good guys who will advise you.
god luck and enjoy.

DerekG

Hi SRCM. Yes as has been mentioned you will have a serious amount of water to choose from when you get over here but if you choose right and put in a couple of early starts (depending on whether it's fish or Guinness you are coming for [:D]) then you will be more than pleased with your results as there are a lot of tench in the many systems here that will provide ample sport even if the bream are a little harder to get to feed, but in saying that, the lads that are putting in the bait are seeing the results and some early starts are imperative to catch the bigger more wary fish but they are catchable despite what what others may suggest.

Drop me a pm and I'll give you a few suggestions and/or check out my website on Cavan Fishing as wecrookie has mentioned as it holds over 600 reports on lakes and rivers in Cavan at this stage and will definitely give you some help towards deciding where you might want to concentrate your efforts for a week or two.

p.s.
As for that other forum mentioned above I would suggest you not waste your time unless you wanted to know about anywhere else fishing in Ireland bar Cavan. Not being smart here but guys have posted up asking info about Cavan on there and had little or no reply. If you want info about south Cavan and into Leitrim then Brian is the man to ask but if you want info about Cavan and Cavan/Monaghan border area then I will help you out all I can and Cootehill would be my back garden as good as because I have fished up this way for many years now and would have guys on my forum that fish it weekly.
Anyway get in touch mate and I'll do my utmost to ensure you have a great fishing holiday when you come over! [8D]

DerekG

Oh, did I mention, www.cavanfishing.com is only a FIVER (Euro) to join now!!! Where else could you get value like that for so much information??? [:p]

fishing-girl

off to belturbet again for three weeks,any advice on wheres fishing?
will report back on our return.

norm

Originally posted by DerekG

Hi SRCM.
Drop me a pm and I'll give you a few suggestions

[8D]

why dont you tell every one on the open forum and get more people going over again?

DerekG

Originally posted by norm

Originally posted by DerekG

Hi SRCM.
Drop me a pm and I'll give you a few suggestions

[8D]

why dont you tell every one on the open forum and get more people going over again?

Cavan's a big place, where would you have me tell him about? Still don't know where he is going.

Status
Not open for further replies.