Ireland pilgrims 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

drakey

WOW! Well done Stu. That sounds like you had some proper Irish fishing. Tell us more mate. What baits , depths, weather ? 6 pound hybrids ? thats massive. How does that place compare to Derg ?

Davidwa

Originally posted by stu f

Well we are back from our trip to Innscarra res in Cork.To say we did well would be a massive understatement.Early weights were ok but nothing big best day up to Tuesday was about 65lbs,then something happened that blew us away.Shoal after shoal of big Rudd/Bream hybrids passed over our pre-baited area,and Thursday and Friday we hit the jackpot.
Thursday between 3 of us we had over 600lb,the fish just kept on coming,and Friday much the same Hybrids to 6lb and a couple of stonking Roach near 2lb.Saturday was leaving day but not until 5 o'clock so 2 of us had a 3 hour session straight lead and nothing other than maggots on the hook,i had arround 60lb and Malcs had arround 55lb.
All in all we can say that a magical time was had by all and bring on next year.

Good to hear it lads,

any fancy pics ??

Dave..

stu f

Drakey,depths were arround 15 feet,only a 35 yard chuck to the bottom of the self our normal pre-bait mix of soaked flake-maize,brown crumb,sweetcorn,casters.we would normally fish through until late evening but we were shattered.In comparison to the Derg mate,and you know how much i love the Derg,the fishing was more consistent.Even in the brightest of conditions the fish fed.We had a local contact and i have to say hats off to him for all his help.I would have to say the fish on average were bigger than those crazy Hybrids on the Derg.We also fished a stretch called the pump house and it was a staggering 40 foot deep at a 30 yards out and with no pre-bait we had arround 160lb between 3 of us.

stu f

Drakey,depths were arround 15 feet,only a 35 yard chuck to the bottom of the self our normal pre-bait mix of soaked flake-maize,brown crumb,sweetcorn,casters.we would normally fish through until late evening but we were shattered.In comparison to the Derg mate,and you know how much i love the Derg,the fishing was more consistent.Even in the brightest of conditions the fish fed.We had a local contact and i have to say hats off to him for all his help.I would have to say the fish on average were bigger than those crazy Hybrids on the Derg.We also fished a stretch called the pump house and it was a staggering 40 foot deep at a 30 yards out and with no pre-bait we had arround 160lb between 3 of us.

drakey

Bloddy hell mate, sounds the nuts. Were there any other anglers ? Self catering again mate ? The annual trip to Ireland seems to take a long time to come round and then its over in a flash. What are your thoughts for next year, same place ?

kevin o connor

M.O.G. member
Staff member
Site Supporter
Great to read a report about Cork. Glad your local contact worked out for you.[:T] I reckon some people might want to rethink their opinion of fishing in Ireland. Some times a change of venue really pays off. Did you have any problems understanding the local accent ?
LOL[:D][:D]

stu f

lads there is a report on the where you fished section with pictures,my mate malcs puts the pictures on,take a look its magic.

neil fallows

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Fantastic Stu,hope u got a few pics of the big hybryds.Bet they fought like mad.Just great news for Ireland.Only seen that place once, nice big water[:T]

stu f

yes we did neil,take a look at the where we fished topic its on there with pics.

hempy

Alan
Well done Stu, the irish loyalty has paid off yet again. A 6 lb hybrid must have pulled your string a bit and is something to aim at, best ive done is 3+.

Going to look at the pics now..[:p]

DerekG

Good fishing Stu, nice to hear you had a better result for a change. Great venue by all accounts and one that will hopefully be used for some big matches over this way in the coming years and possibly even a World or European event . . . [;)]

drakey

Where are you going bostednet ?
Apart from Stu , anyone else fish Derg ? 10 weeks to go for me.

CASPER

Going to Gowna on saturday for a week.anyone out there know if anywhere in the area is fishing? This my first trip to Gowna area,we usually go to Cootehill

brian bohan

Originally posted by CASPER

Going to Gowna on saturday for a week.anyone out there know if anywhere in the area is fishing? This my first trip to Gowna area,we usually go to Cootehill
all i can tell ya is that enish isent fishing that well or is rockfild the irish trils were there over the weekend 2 kg was a top weaght

ian 21 from this site is here at the moment even on prebaited swims its hard going

my best advice is to pick one lake not to big one bait it up every evening fish other lakes try the lake your baiting up after tree evenings and see what happens

mack

hi casper i dont know where is fishing but when i go to gowna i sometimes fish dernaferst better known as the swings also there is derries ross duf and mr lenards they can all fish well on the day.to find out where they are ask anyone in fitzpatricks bar they will put you on the right road.If you are stopping at pikers lodge you will love it the food and the staff are spot on there let us know how you get on hope you have a good time catch you later mack

Rich.T

Casper I've just got back, its fishing patchy at the moment mate but theres saome huge bream coming off killykeen we had some clonkers, though its half nhour drive, more local leonards shallows was absolutly stuffed with bream one day, all 8 of us had big bags upto 65lb and corfree is pretty consistant, defo give church a miss mate and dernafearst is a waste of time, kevins shore through a few weights up in usual pegs, have a good one mate.

hempy

Alan
Originally posted by Rich.T
saome huge bream coming off killykeen we had some clonkers,

Rich, where abouts at killykeen did you get the big bream ??

Status
Not open for further replies.