Ireland/Killyvaghan/Drumlona

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad Irish Angler

Went fishing on Tuesday 20th Aug,with my Fiancee and constant fishing companion Rose.We set off early and made our way to Killyvaghan expecting great things. But the fish were totally uncoperative to our feeder tactics with not even a sucked maggot after half an hour.So making a brave decision we decided to pack up and move to Drumlona,a short drive away.We arrived to find two other fishermen already there,but they said they had,nt caught much at this stage.Turned out they were on their annual pilgrimage and hailed from Leeds.Setting up our feeder once again we were into fish from the first cast even before we got any bait in the swims,and that was the pattern set for the rest of the day,A FISH A CHUCK,great fishing and made even more enjoyable by the warm sunshine.Rose who is only learning to feeder fish ended up with a mixed bag of mainly Roach to 1lb skimmers to 1lb a few Perch totaling 35lbs,i had the same species but with one Rudd thrown in for good measure,i ended up with 53lbs,the place is absoloutly stuffed with fish,any one going to Ireland soon,i would highly recomend it. Tight Lines.

Simon R

Site Supporter
Hiya Mad

I was there on 2nd August, has the level dropped at all yet?
We were almost fishing in the trees and only one of the rocks at the bottom of the hill was visible.

I posted some pictures of Drumlona on here (and Killyvaghan too)
They're under "Fishing Talk" and "My Ireland Trip 2002"

Tight Lines

Simon

Mad Irish Angler

Hi Simon,Yes the water level has dropped quite a bit at Drumlona,there are five rocks showing at the moment and a beach stretching for a couple of hundred yards,i really enjoyed your Ireland trip report,we fished either side of the rocks,and as i said the fishing was brilliant!

Status
Not open for further replies.