Ireland in 2004, who's going this time??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roppa

I know from some of the contact I've had with others, that some of you are already biting at the bit and eager to put the washouts of 2002 and 2003 behind you and make your bookings for 2004. After all it's another year and there's all the expectations that come with a new challenge

Please post your dates and destinations below. It's going to be a brilliant year this year...... can't you just feel it?[8D]
Feb 13th......arkwright..................Portumna
April.............getorfmyland............Gowna
April 17th......Roppa.....................Portumna
April 17th......Pikey123................Ballyconnell
April.............Festa.......................Roscommon
May 1st.......Toma........................Bawnboy
May 1st.......Haydn.Borthwick.......Bawnboy
May 1st.......Scales......................Castleblaney
May 1st.......Wilsmaboy................Tarmonbarry
May 1st.......Al Peters..................Milltown
May 6th ......VincePrince...............Enniskillen
May 7th.......Paul D.....................Scarriff, L/Derg.
May 8th.......Slimjim......................Portumna
May 9th.......Ollynudd..................Portumna
May..............Paul H....................Cavan
June 12th....Biffo..........................Belturbet
June 14th....Danny 2001 1982.....Rooskey
June 16th....Neil Fallows.............Killeshandra
June 18th....Stymie.....................Killeshandra
June 18th....Scarf........................Belturbet
June 21st....esspeegee...............Belturbet
July 14th.....Jet............................Killeshandra
July.............Widget.....................Ballyconnell
Aug.............Yorkney....................Killeshandra
Aug.............Stephen Wright........Mountshannon' L/Derg
Aug.............Chris Edwards..........Gowna
Aug 14th.....mtwales...................Inniscarra
Aug 14th......stu day....................Killeshandra
Aug 28th......Gray........................Drumshanbo
Sept 4th......Scales......................Killeshandra
Sept 4th......Scouse Lee..............Ballyconnell
Sept6-19.....Susie Q/DavidSeniorShannon
Sept 11th.....Neil Fallows.............Killeshandra
Sept 14th.....kingfisherlodge.......Gowna
Sept............gill58.........................Killeshandra
Sept............arkwright.................Iniscara
Sept 18th.....dave dolly...............Tarmonbary
Oct..............bb1970....................Cavan
[:)]

Last edited:

norm

you kept that one quiet toma

Datafile4.asp

Simon R

Site Supporter
Bloody hell - I haven't been this year yet!

Cootehill - sometime between July and October 2004

Just in case anyone's over there at the moment, one of my mates got back two weeks ago. Killyvaghan Lough (near Cootehill) provided 100lb+ catches two days on the bounce. Lough Ramor was poor as was Drumlona but where ever he fished the most important thing was to get the wind in your face.

Tight Lines

Simon

Stu Dav

Davi
I've not been yet either !
Setting off tonight from Holyhead
I've got the pre trip flappers av a got this ? av a got the other ?
Got enough corn to sink a battle ship av a got an opener ?

Hey Simon its nice to hear of Ramor not fishing which means it won't be packed when we turn up Saturday morning, and thanks for the report on Killyvaghan, we might have to search for that and give it a whirl.
We're headin for Killashandra, eonish gulladoo dereskit to mention a few.
The weather looks promising.
And av heard theres topless skittles on Wednesday in the town !!!!!

Thanks

All the best

Stu Dav

Oh yeah I guess we'll be goin back next year same place same time
Come Hell or High water, I Love it.
Especialy the bacon butties at the water's side yum yum :)

Simon R

Site Supporter
Stu

Here's some directions to Killyvaghan - hope you can follow them (if the wind's not in your face though I wouldn't bother)

Leave Cootehill, heading towards Shercock (past the White Horse Hotel and the filling station). Shortly after the cattle market the road forks (signposted Ballybay) follow the left fork past Lough Lisnalong (on the right) and at the end of the lake youll see the Ducome Inn. Turn left just past the pub and go up the hill and down the other side. At the bottom of the hill youll see an old railway bridge straight in front of you, continue through there and Killyvaghan Lough is on the left (theres a lay-by on the left which will fit a couple of cars). Walk through the bushes and the rocks are straight in front of you.

Theres only really one place to fish at Killyvaghan and thats the rocks just as you approach the lake. You can get three anglers on here quite comfortably but you do need adjustable legs on your boxes, otherwise youll be wobbling about all over.

Youve got fifteen feet of water at your feet (well almost) so a gentle lob is all thats needed. The bream in Killyvaghan are big (4lb+ usually) so you dont need many of them to do a good weight. Two years ago the lake was full of big skimmers (around the pound mark) but last year theyd disappeared (although the days we fished Killyvaghan did coincide with an 80 degree heatwave).

The pole and waggler also work well here, fish the pole at full-depth (ball-a-chuck style) and the waggler up in the water. Theres some quality roach in Killyvaghan and the waggler is probably the best way to catch a few of them.

Hope this helps a little

Tight Lines

Simon

scales

Vinny
Roppa mate, Going over in two weeks so have'nt booked 2004 yet [:(]
But soon as I do I will add it to the list [;)]
It would be nice to be in Ireland when other MD's are over there and put a few faces to names as Haydn is the only other MD I've met and that was in Ireland !!

cheers,

Datafile4.asp

Datafile4.asp

neil fallows

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Killeshandra 16th june when they have spawned,i hope and not quite as busy.Staying at the cottages on town lake.Also travel up to gowna to fish there.Tight lines Neil

gill58

yes i'll be over sept 2004
But still waiting for this year
leave sept 4 to 11. will be around
kille most of the time

DAZA

Roppa

I know, I know, I know some haven't been over yet. But I also know that people who go earlier in the year are thinking of it now, I also know that a few would like to go at the same time as others in order to look each other up while away. So, by popular request and an appology to those of you who haven't been yet I've put it in earlier.

Roppa

Yeah scales it would be nice to plan it to bump into some of you. I bumped into Davidsenior and SusieQ last year, it was great to have a pint with them. It could even be planned that two differing groups, if they were close enough, to have a daft match together ....possibilities are endless.

scouse_lee

evertonian
have been in may for the past 5 yrs and the weather just keeps getting worse, so for 2004 will be going in sept, depending the reports i get back !!!!
but its my dads 50th on 4th oct so were going to spain for the first time (should be good)
any tips guys would be helpfull.....

a bad day's fishing is better than a good day at work
Datafile4.asp

Roppa

Not yet scales but we usually go on the 2nd and return on the 3rd weekends of May, this way we avoid the extra expense of the 1st and 4th weekends being Bank Holidays.

May be ready for a change of venue though this year

Last edited:

mikeireland

DONT KNOW WETHER IM ALLOWED TO DO THIS
BUT HERE GOES

I HAVE A GUEST HOUSE OVER HEAR SITUATED ON THE BANKS OF BALLYMAGOVERN LAKE HOLDS GOOD BREAM AND TENCH, GARADICE ABOUT FIVE MINUTES DRIVE MIDWAY BETWEEN BALLYCONNELL AND BALLINAMORE CLOSE TO KILLASHANDRA
ANYONE INTRESTED IN COMING EMAIL ME ON mikepulman@msn.com or phone on 00353494333263

cheers mike phots details on request

Roppa

Can't see any harm in it Mike. I know some looked on here last year just to find out where everyone was going and to get some ideas of where to go themselves. I also know a few went to your area and were desperate for some help. If you've got your finger on the pulse it may be just what some are looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.