Ireland 2021 - who's going?

Bri's

Booked for the 15th September for 10 days.Staying with a mate near to Mohill Co Leitrim.I can get bait across the road from his house and he has plenty of redworms in a muck heap,they just need digging up.Don’t care too much about catching loads of fish.Would be happy with 20lb a day.I will just be glad to be sat on the bank in Ireland once more.Anyone else over in September?
yes we are in arvagh for 2 weeks from 18th really looking forward to it !

Super Rocket

Site Supporter
How's the worms? And any hassle at the ferry with the new regs ?
Worms were very good, no problems on ferry, just need vaccination proof and location form, paper copies or digital.
Ist day on Gulladoo, 22lb, small stuff mainly with 3 bream, back there tomorrow. Water levels quite low at present, changing weather for weekend.

scales

Vinny
Booked into Cassidy's cottages outside Ballyconnell literally last night Spoke to Francis the owner who managed to squeeze us in then booked the Belfast ferry heading over Saturday. Not sure what to do about bait as we don't arrive until Sat evening? Gonna give Irish Bait and tackle a call today see if maybe they can drop some off at the digs for us? worth a try 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

ianc21

Sail on the 'red eye ferry' 10th September, Mohill Co Lietrim for 2 weeks.
fishing the Carrick festival.

SpenBeck

Site Supporter
I came back last Sunday after 2 weeks. Bare in mind, the Lough Oughter water level had come up 1 METRE the week before we went.

When I have chance I will sort through the pics and upload them.

Sun 15th Aug: 38lb 8oz (roach, hybrids to 2lb, 3 tench and a bream 6lb 7oz).
Mon 16th Aug: 15lb (roach and hybrids).
Tue 17th Aug 21lb (3 skinners, roach, hybrids and a 4lb tench).
Wed 18th Aug: 15lb 8oz (roach, hybrids and a perch).
Thur 19th Aug: 17lb (roach and hybrids to 2lb).
Fri 20th Aug: 15lb (hybrids and daily roach).
Sun 22nd Aug: 15lb ( roach and hybrids).
Mon 23rd Aug: 25lb (roach to 1lb, hybrids to 2lb and a 4lb tench).
Tue 24th Aug 31lb 8oz (roach to 1lb, hybrids to 2lb and a bream of 5lb 12oz).
Wed 25th Aug: 26lb 8oz ( roach to 1lb, hybrids to 2lb and a bream of 6lb 2oz).
Thur 26th Aug: 20lb 8oz (roach, hybrids to 2 lb and a perch).
Fri 27th Aug: 26lb (roach to 1lb, hybrids to 2lb).

Already planning to next year.

Tip_King

Three of us going to Arva next friday for what would normally be the King of Clubs week
Think there will be a smaller festival run from the hotel as there are a number of anglers staying there
Some big weights of roach and hybrids coming out during this weeks Gowna festival especially on Rossduff and Corfree

3_rollers

Worms were very good, no problems on ferry, just need vaccination proof and location form, paper copies or digital.
Ist day on Gulladoo, 22lb, small stuff mainly with 3 bream, back there tomorrow. Water levels quite low at present, changing weather for weekend.
Will the NHS app with proof of vaccination do ? As in just show them your phone ?

Tip_King

Will the NHS app with proof of vaccination do ? As in just show them your phone ?
Apparently they prefer to see the digital version on your phone but I will print it off and take a paper copy as well
You should also take a copy of your car insurance to prove you are insured for Ireland

kevin o connor

M.O.G. member
Staff member
Site Supporter
Which ever proof of vaccination is officially issued by the NHS will be accepted as long as it can be scanned. I would suggest checking with your insurance to insure you are still covered to drive in the EU. it may have changed,

mtwales

Arrived in Dublin port last Saturday 2 lots of customs one just asked if done locator form and did we have proof of vaccination said yes to both but they didn’t ask to see them,second one just asked if we were taking money in and if we had cigarettes no check of van or reason for being there,fishing good all week plenty of roach and hybrids weights ranging from lowest 16.5lb on first day messing about most other days ranging between 25lb to 45lb best weight of weight was 60lb fishing and staying in the north

Bri's

Arrived in Dublin port last Saturday 2 lots of customs one just asked if done locator form and did we have proof of vaccination said yes to both but they didn’t ask to see them,second one just asked if we were taking money in and if we had cigarettes no check of van or reason for being there,fishing good all week plenty of roach and hybrids weights ranging from lowest 16.5lb on first day messing about most other days ranging between 25lb to 45lb best weight of weight was 60lb fishing and staying in the north
Approximately how long did it take from coming off the ship to getting out of the port with all of the checks, we are going on Saturday and want to arrange a time to pick up bait.

Super Rocket

Site Supporter
Your paperwork is checked by the checkin clerk before you board the ferry.
You will only experience a delay if customs pull you over in Dublin.

mtwales

Only took about 10-15 mins from getting off ferry and out of port,Holyhead did ask to see locator form and proof of vaccination

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
Just got back from two weeks in Enniskillen fishing was good in parts but patchy, the fish might have a go one day but not the next those that framed in both festivals had at least one stand out weight 30kilo maybe one festival was feeder only and one any method.
Surprising amount of Tench caught several 20 kg weights from a couple of sections and a scattering of odd or a couple on at least 5 sections mostly 2 to 3lb fish, a mate of mine had 37 kilo of mostly Tench on the pole at Crom lake last day of the match which lifted him to 2nd overall.
Hardly any Bream showed anywhere mostly Hybrids to a kilo or so and Roach, lots of Pike about.
There are a huge number of boats over there now and the lake warden was telling me 800 plus new registered boats this year.
No customs checks either way Liverpool to Belfast.