Ireland 2021 - who's going?

SpenBeck

Site Supporter
Heard lots different rumours regarding taking bait,normally take all ground bait,worms etc any one know if allowed,
Until we know how strict Irish Customs are going to be I would suggest pricing up getting your bait in Ireland. It would save a lot of worry.

kevin o connor

M.O.G. member
Staff member
Site Supporter
Pubs and restaurants not to fully reopen until at least the 26th of July. That is in the republic.

scales

Vinny
Two of us planning going over the first week in September nothing booked yet we're leaving it until as late as possible as we all know things could change quickly

kevin o connor

M.O.G. member
Staff member
Site Supporter
travellers to Ireland will need to fill out a Passenger Locator Form. Failure to complete this form is an offence.
No travel-related testing or quarantine is necessary for travellers from Great Britain with valid proof of full vaccination.
If you do not have valid proof of vaccination and are travelling from Great Britain you will need to:
  • Present evidence of a negative RT-PCR test result within 72 hours prior to arrival into the country
  • Self-quarantine
  • Undergo post-arrival testing
Travellers should note that guidance can change at short notice and check advice before they travel.
There are no restrictions on travel to or from Northern Ireland.
However, if you arrive into Ireland through Northern I protect against the importation of variants

https://facebook.com/sharer/sharer....ng_covid.html?utm_source=sharebutton_facebook
https://twitter.com/intent/tweet/?t...ing_covid.html?utm_source=sharebutton_twitter
https://www.maggotdrowning.com/foru...ng_covid.html?utm_source=sharebutton_whatsapp

SpenBeck

Site Supporter
Quick update: 2 mates went on Friday night from Holyhead to Dublin.

They had some trouble at Holyhead. Customs were insisting that Locator Forms were on a phone and not just paper printouts? I don't know how that works for people without a phone????

All OK in Dublin, but it did take some time to get out of the ferry terminal. Customs were pulling random cars out for searching, although they all seemed to be Eastern European cars?

3_rollers

Booked for a week 19th sept , be good to hear all the feedback from anyone going before us , staying at keepers arms

Bri's

Ordered our bait today going to Arvagh on 18th Sep for 2 weeks. Not taking any chances with bait getting it all over there as we have herd of a few that have had groundbait taken off them ( only hearsay from tackle shops ) but don't wont to loss £60 or so quid in g/b. Really looking forward to it now :D

SpenBeck

Site Supporter
I think they chanced it with 2 sacks of vitalin and few bags of groundbait, but they didn't get pulled. For my trip we will be taking a minimum of bait and groundbait to see us up to Monday, then we can call at Tackle and Bait and stock up.

I'll let you know how they get on coming back.

Water levels very low at the moment.

Irishhybrids

Ordered our bait today going to Arvagh on 18th Sep for 2 weeks. Not taking any chances with bait getting it all over there as we have herd of a few that have had groundbait taken off them ( only hearsay from tackle shops ) but don't wont to loss £60 or so quid in g/b. Really looking forward to it now :D
Where you staying in Arvagh ?

Simon R

Site Supporter
We've used these a fair bit for maggots and casters

Based at Ballyconnell just over the border

I know they sell worms but we've never bought any from them as we've got a local worm farm just down the road so took them with us - as well as a few kilos for guys we knew over there who'd ordered them.

Simon

Bri's

Yes the Breffni, got it from lakeside tackle at Gowna in the passed but its closed now as the owner had a bad fall 2 years ago.