Ireland 2021 - who's going?

nutmeg

Site Supporter
Next year will be the earliest l will be thinking about going back to ireland.

YOUNGIAN

Seems like a new law is coming in to stop us going abroad, so it is looking like late this year is the only, slim option. Might be going Aug/Sept if allowed?
Donโ€™t think the new law covers Ireland but could be just the North.They would have to open up the Republic which has been locked down for many months first to allow us to visit.Fingers crossed๐Ÿ˜‰

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
Where we would normally go Enniskillen in the North they are hoping the festivals can go ahead and there is talk of the Classic moving from its now cancelled date in May to a revised date in September which is yet to be confirmed by the local council.
If restrictions are eased they are hoping to have festivals from the end of August until the end of September.
Hopefully the November matches on the Bann will be confirmed over the next few months.

scales

Vinny
Anglers World Holidays seem pretty confident festivals/holidays in the North will be available from September? Had emails and seen Facebook posts off them promoting Fermanagh festivals

Irishhybrids

Nice one , we have swapped our trip to last week in Sept, only other problem to be aware of is Sept is going to be rammed with the Festivals is it goes well, Mike are you staying at Francis place ?

Mike atkinson

Site Supporter
Nice one , we have swapped our trip to last week in Sept, only other problem to be aware of is Sept is going to be rammed with the Festivals is it goes well, Mike are you staying at Francis place ?
I havnt a clue where Iโ€™m staying, my mates have booked it, I havnt been to ballyconell before, I normally go to cootehill, so itโ€™ll be a change ๐Ÿ‘

Irishhybrids

you will love it, lots of venues but be aware of festivals , probably World pairs and KOCs depending on dates, Francis steaks are legendary .

Simon R

Site Supporter
You'll probably be stopping with Francis - I've never known anybody stop anywhere else in Ballyconnell.
If anyone can put you on fish it'll be him

Back in the 90s we were stopping in Ballinamore and the local venues weren't fishing so we wrapped in early one day, drove over to Ballyconnell and asked Francis for some hints - he not only gave us some hints, he gave us the venue (Killykeen) and the four pegs that had been producing for some of his lads who were heading home the following day.
We had 250lb between the four of us the first day and over 400lb the second - I had 98lb so it must have been stuffed with fish :p

Simon

scales

Vinny
Has anyone heard of the lifting of restrictions? I've just had a message off a mate to say we are ok to travel to Ballyconnell in July but I'm not convinced that's the case

EP90

You may be OK
Intercounty travel allowed from 10 May for the Island of Ireland

From 2 June 2021:
  • Hotels and bed and breakfasts can reopen services for guests only.

mtwales

Heard lots different rumours regarding taking bait,normally take all ground bait,worms etc any one know if allowed,