Ireland 2020 who's going?

corkycat

What about returning to the UK , if you decide to take up that option ?
I'm not sure what you mean about returning to the UK, however at the end of my week's holiday I will drive back south, over the border and on to Dublin port for the ferry back to Holyhead, if that's what you mean. There is no need for people coming into Northern Ireland to isolate. At least not at the moment. Please God it stays that wayy.

nutmeg

Site Supporter
Well thats it, we have cancelled this years trip to Ireland, and l have phoned Stenna Line and a full refund will be in my account within 7 working days. To be honest l think this is probably the most sensible, and right thing to do.
Hopefully try and get to lreland next year, and maybe have an extended stay.

Just a final note on this, l got my full refund from Stenna line the following day.
So will be contacting Docklow to see what accommodation is available in Sept.
Good luck and stay safe to the brave souls who are still travelling this year.

mtwales

Well think it’s now very doubtful for killeshandra in September,wasn’t going until the 18th but after update today can’t see nothing changing

kevin o connor

M.O.G. member
Staff member
Site Supporter
It is not looking good for the rest of the year to be honest ! It looked like we had it fairly under control until they reopened some of the pubs. Plus the meat factories seem to be a law onto themselves. We have had outbreaks in meat factories in 3 counties and those counties have been put back on lockdown but the meat factories are allowed to stay open. Mind you they are owned by government political party supporters. As I said in another thread, it is not by accident that Ireland is known as the most corrupt country in Europe !

Tinca606

It is not looking good for the rest of the year to be honest ! It looked like we had it fairly under control until they reopened some of the pubs. Plus the meat factories seem to be a law onto themselves. We have had outbreaks in meat factories in 3 counties and those counties have been put back on lockdown but the meat factories are allowed to stay open. Mind you they are owned by government political party supporters. As I said in another thread, it is not by accident that Ireland is known as the most corrupt country in Europe !

Yes, Kevin, the meat plants are too close to the politicians. But I guess it will be like this till there is a vaccine. Just wait til the schools open next week!

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
There are festivals going on in the North for the next 4 or 5 weeks following the guidelines on distancing for draws and weigh ins etc.

Irishhybrids

Site Supporter
Hi Ken

do you have details of the festivals , as I can’t find any , we are going to the North end of Septembet hopefully ,

Minno

Hi Ken

do you have details of the festivals , as I can’t find any , we are going to the North end of Septembet hopefully ,

There are 3 weeks of festivals planned in Fermanagh:

31st Aug - 4th Sept Erne 100 - River Erne

6th - 11th Sept Fermanagh Feeder Classic - Upper and lower lough Erne

14th - 18th Sept Lough Erne 5 day’er

TALLPAUL

Site Supporter
Well this years holiday is down the pan so we have planed a week of day trips to different venues, could not get a week in this country to suit us.. But the good news is that we have booked for next year, the last week in May, hope by then all will be OK...Paul..

YOUNGIAN

Thinking of possibly going to Northern Ireland to get my Irish fix for this year.Fished a couple of places near Enniskillen before but never stayed there.Anyone had a fishing holiday there.Can you recommend anywhere?