IRELAND 2012. Who's going?

mack

have a good trip youngian look forward to your report 2 weeks before i go to killy cant waite

andrewm

Account Locked
Just arrived back from another superb week , caught loads of Fish and some cracking Tench, I will post a few pic and detailed report later, but a few things we noticed ,
Everywhere we Fished there were Fry everywhere which boads well for the Future and also something which I feel is very important for the future of fishing in Ireland is that all around Gowna the Zebras are dead or dieting off , we wondered what was the cause, maybe just the cycle of nature hopefully this will spread to the Erne and should see the weights go from Strength to Strength

bb1970

BB
Just a quick update from
Me, fishing been tough at eonish, the main swims have been taken all week so plans have changed,been roaming arounc last 2 days and struggled but todayfound 6 tench and a single large bream today. Let's hope things are looking up!

nrayner

Originally posted by bb1970

at eonish, the main swims have been taken all week so plans have changed,been roaming arounc

Exactly what has frustrated us about Cavan for the last 13/14 years when we've been there. Hot spots fully occupied with little in between so it ends up as a peg-chase. Pre-baiting has never worked for us.

andrewm

Account Locked
That's Eonish for you nothing but a bunch of money grabbers there who don't give a **** about there guests, bumped into many of them around killieshandra over yrs all seem disgruntled with the place, much better places to fish...

stu f

anybody been anywhere else apart from cavan and noticed the zebra muscle thing. Lough Derg is infested by them and if this is the casethen that place will fish its nuts off with a bit more coulor in the water.Didnt notice any on Inniscarra last year but the water is very clear

bruce

stu,,,im in the inniscara area now,,,,water and fishing all good,,,,theres no boats turn up to tranfer the zebras,,,,although two polish turned up with one yesterday pike fishing,,,,they didnt stay long or use the boat though.
caught my first ever wild ton here two days ago,,,beautiful fish,,,,rudd/bream hybrids mainly,,,biggest only 5lb but loads of 3 to 3.5 size,,,all on feeder useing corn,,,,,weather been ok,,,,,,,i will post a full account soon,,the owners here have lent me there cam and can upload the pics,,,im not great on pcs,,,the fish here are mint.
good luck to anyone going over.

stu f

Good news that Bruce,which area are you fishing upper or lower dam.??
Thats the sort of stamp of fish we were getting until the last couple of days last year then nearly every fish started coming in at the upper side of 4 pound and some were nudging 6 pound, they pull back a bit mate dont they.Any big roach showing???.

Stu

bruce

no stu,,,,,,no big roach,,,,and they do pull back,,,,,,,,unbelievable,,,i thought id hooked a 8 pound carp or something,,,,,slow going this morning,,,,,gonna have a kip and do an evening session,,,,,,as to the dam,,if im right its the upper?,,,,,carrygadrohid i think,,,,fantastic people fantastic place,,,,,,,i couldnt go for brekkie in the morning cause of stibking of fish and wet feet ect,,,,the other guests were smart dressed you know so,,,,,,,the owners brought a tray down to the lake!,,,,,pure irish magic!

bruce

its called fountain house stu,,,a fella i emailed on here called neil sent me the details,,,and some advice which was spot on,,,,i only fished this part by accident really as my daughter is over here to see her boyfriend,,,,,,theres more places to try from what neil said but in honesty i havent moved,,,,,its too good here,,,,,,an you can have a beer no driving,,,,,and in 6 days ive only seen a few other anglers,,,,incredible really,,,,over 40 yrs of fishing and never done the ton,,,,,,then i do it here with the best fish possible,,,,its meant to rain heavy tommorow,,,but its warm and the waters really warm,,,,,up at 5 and brolly out!

nrayner

Bruce it was me and I got the info from Stu in the first place.

Thanks Stu, I'll be on them in September!! [:D]

bruce

oh ok neil,,,,,i get confused on here,,i thought youd fished it yourself years ago,,,,,,i must stop drinking them lovly cold beers lol,,,,well anyway,,,,,,the advice was much appreciated,,,i never know who or what to believe on the net,,,ive spent lots of good money an gone to loadsa places an not done great,,,,,theres three camps on here,,,,,,1 we get a ton wherever we go,,,,,,2,,,we got an invested interest ie we workk for the angling company,,,,3,,,,,ive found a right gem an i ll say its rubbish so no one else goes lol,,,,,so you have try and weigh it up,,,,,,you was spot on though neil,,,,,,,me i just tell it as it is,,,,,,and ive done my first ever ton,,,,cant wait till the morning!
thanks once again.

nrayner

Yeah I did fish Inniscarra years ago but not Fountain House on Carrighadrohid. That's Stu's baby!

Great to hear it's going good. You should definitely try Inniscarra itself though, as a change venue, Trouble is there's so many spots to choose from. Garden Centre on Dripsey Arm and further down towards the dam are noted areas, but then there's the Graveyard, Rooves Bay,etc etc etc. Spoilt for choice....makes a change, eh?

Last edited:

bruce

neil it makes a change me catching fish!,,,,ive got an open ticket sort of ferry wise,,,,just pay the 20 premium on irish ferries,,,,,so ill give it a go,,,,,breda the owner here gave me directions to innicara,,now i know im close by,,,,,but i still got lost lol,,,,,like you say though,,,,,change of venue new challenge,,,,,,,,im gettin cockey now ive done my ton,,,,,,,what a place though,im in fishin heaven

nrayner

Tell Breda it was the chap who''s coming in September and who sent an email enquiry about bait orders, who put your business her way [;)]

bruce

not sure stu,,,can get the ferry back anytime just pay the premium,,,it depends on what my daughters doin as well,,,but i might just pay for her flight an fish on for a bit,,,its pourin down today an tommorows worse they say,,,,,,if ur over on sat the forecast is good then,,,neil i mentioned you to breda,,,,shes looked in the book ,,,,,your good for september!,,,the way its going i might still be here!,,,cab to macroom for a few pints and a chinese!
good luck