IRELAND 2012. Who's going?

glenn

Account Locked
I called at hempy's this morning to pick up our kids dendras,saw all hempy's gear ready for the off and then spotted a carrier bag full of ............................................................PORK SCRATCINGS er a bag for everyday lol

stu f

we go a fortnight today so i might miss your report mate,but have a cracker and enjoy the black stuff.

hempy

Alan
Originally posted by stu f

we go a fortnight today so i might miss your report mate,but have a cracker and enjoy the black stuff.

Cheers stu and the same goes to you..[:T]

hempy

Alan
Originally posted by glenn

I called at hempy's this morning to pick up our kids dendras,saw all hempy's gear ready for the off and then spotted a carrier bag full of ............................................................PORK SCRATCINGS er a bag for everyday lol

Not if Woodsey gets his hands on them[:D][:D]

DerekG

Lower Derries, Gulladoo, Killykeen all fishing well. Weather nice and warm, all in all a great time to be coming to Ireland for a fishing holiday! [:T]

bb1970

BB
Originally posted by DerekG

Lower Derries, Gulladoo, Killykeen all fishing well. Weather nice and warm, all in all a great time to be coming to Ireland for a fishing holiday! [:T]

Yay ! Looks like we may have got it right for a change! Derek, did you manage to see andrewm or hempy in the shamrock on saturday? Was there a gathering of md'ers? Any news from them at all? [8D]

YOUNGIAN

Only 4 days left to work now before heading off on the Saturday morning ferry.A week in lovely Leitrim and hopefully some good weather and good catches,well it cant be worse than easter!.Any reports from the area Mr Bohan?[:)]

ianc21

Detailed report required upon your return YOUNGIAN. Not sure where the BOHAN is hiding, the Garda don't have him, but would like to talk to him. LOL 25 days to go.

mackyf

The water levels around killeshandra are very good. I was rowing the boat looking for the rock that comes out of the water at derries lower and i bumped in the rock so its only only 4 inches under the water so its not to bad. I havnt heard any reports in the last week.

DerekG

Originally posted by bb1970

Yay ! Looks like we may have got it right for a change! Derek, did you manage to see andrewm or hempy in the shamrock on saturday? Was there a gathering of md'ers? Any news from them at all? [8D]

No I've not had a chance to get near the pub for a pint with them yet but working on it.. As for reports from them, I believe Andy has been catching pretty steady on Tess's shore in Gowna in the first few days. Good depth there and nice private shoreline as they are staying in her cottage this year.

DerekG

Not yet Glenn but possibly will see him this Friday eve for a quick pint and a catchup..

mackyf

any of you guys know how long hempy is staying for reason i'm saying this cause this weekend the fleadh is on or something like that in killeshandra and he wont be able to cope drinking with irish lol but i'm sure he give a good go at it.

kniteforce

derries (nr killeshandra)fished well but we did met two lads there who had just blanked on gulladoo,don't know whether it was upper or lower. anyone looking for some good fishing should try connollys shore on garadice...hybrid city!! [:D]

Last edited:

kniteforce

must add that we got a copy of brians book,irish dreams,the day before coming out and found it brilliant for when we had an hour or twos recce each morning.well done brian but just one question....on the tawlaght directions,where is drumgoon??? we did find the lake(via the very good directions in the book) but not drumgoon lol

brian bohan

dont be telling every one about drumgoon kniteforse its full of big breem and tench just pull up no prebaiting 100 lb nets every time lol

funney you say garda ian they turned up last night ya should have seen the faces on the lads that were in the cottage they said what have you done now brian lol but it was for lerane they were looking for keep it in the fameley i say lol no tax on the car good job i had the jeep turned the other way from them lol

YOUNGIAN

Car is packed ready for the off,looks like it could be a wet week for me next week but i will definately try to make the most of it.Will report when i return next weekend.[:W]