IRELAND 2012. Who's going?

hempy

Alan
Originally posted by bb1970

Just as long as you prebait it up for us for the first week in June lads!
Word of warning, the water levels may be up after I've finished!

Sorry Brian, no prebaiting for you. we are there for that week aswell[:D][:D]

bb1970

BB
It's fine hempy, I'm gonna put enough in for everyone, Ive got a cement mixer coming with us this year! Tell you what tho. It ain't half taking a long time for june to come round!
No doubt we shall bump into each other over a pint of black stuff at some point!

Last edited:

hempy

Alan
sure we will ave a good un, rain snow or blow if the fish dont feed we will have to drink [}:)][}:)][}:)]

stu f

Stayed at Lakeside a good few years ago and had a decent week in all especially the Thursdaywhen i balled it big time on the Wednesday night. I think i ended up with about 80 pound or so with Bream up to 4pound.we stayed in the big bungalow the one nearest the lake,lovely cottage and cracking setting.

bb1970

BB
Originally posted by hempy

sure we will ave a good un, rain snow or blow if the fish dont feed we will have to drink [}:)][}:)][}:)]

Hempy, I'm new to this area, lakeside cottages are near eonish lodge I take? Is there a local pub in killeshandra everyone goes to?

andrewm

Account Locked
Hi bb1970
Lakeside cottages are In the town opposite the Lakeland dairy on town lake, eonish lodge is about two mile out of town on the way past tullyguide

bb1970

BB
Thanks guys, not too far away then! Sure we will be seeing each other then! It can't come fast enough. I'm gagging to
get back out there. I've missed a couple of years due to family commitments.

andrewm

Account Locked
Bb1970
See you from Kent that's a good old journey to the ports
What route you taking and which sailing you guys on ?

bb1970

BB
Yes it's a fair punt around 290 miles to Holyhead. We take m25,m1,m6,m54,a5 to holyhead. We hope to get our heads down for an hour in the car then sleep on the boat. We get the 2.30am stenna ferry to Dublin and then drive through the night. That way we can get a full days fishing once we pick up our bait. It's knackering the first day, but hopefully worth it![8D]

Last edited:

hempy

Alan
We are on the overnighter from Birkenhead to belfast. evening meal on board a few barley pops and a cabin for some good kip. We get to Kille around 9am and are fishig by 11 am GRRRRRRRREAT[:T]

andrewm

Account Locked
On 2.15 am Irish ferries from Holyhead,
Hempy what's the journey like from Belfast to killieshandra
We did the overnighter to Dublin a few times but it's only a couple of hours to Holyhead for us

hempy

Alan
Andrew, we did ublin for 30 years and 2 years ago we were forced onto the Belfast route because of norfolk line being sold. Its the best thing that happened to us. From the port you are staight onto the M1 which takes you to 3/4 the way there and then its plain sailing. would never go back to the Dublin route

Last edited:

glenn

Account Locked

Andrew, we did ublin for 30 years and 2 years ago we were forced onto the Belfast route because of norfolk line being sold. Its the best thing that happened to us. From the port you are staight onto the M1 which takes you to 3/4 the way there and then its plain sailing. would never go back to the Dublin route

Ooohh surprised that knowing you ,i find it hard to see if you were fit to drive ,but saying that whats new [:0][:0][:0]

hempy

Alan
Originally posted by glenn

Ooohh surprised that knowing you ,i find it hard to see if you were fit to drive ,but saying that whats new [:0][:0][:0]

****** you[}:)][}:)][}:)]

bb1970

BB
Yes we hope to be fishing by 9am too.
Door to door it's the best part of 400 miles for us but who cares when your there it's sheer bliss. No work,no worries, no responsibilities.
Only thing I'm gonna miss is my mrs and my 20 month old daughter [:C]
(better had mention the mrs, she might read this later!)[:I]

nrayner

Well despite the demise of the Swansea Cork Ferry we are definitely off to Inniscarra in early September. Long drive from Dublin but looking forward to it!

stu f

Neil have you booked your accomadation yet?,if not i can recomend where we stay mate,fishing from the bottom of the B&B garden.really good stretch there neil.most of the top spots are all within a 10 minute drive as well.