Invitation to Irish meet

kevin o connor

M.O.G. member
Staff member
Site Supporter
A couple of us are planning on meeting up for a pleasure session at Inniscarra on the 30th of April. Anyone who would like to join us would be more than welcome. It would be nice to put some faces to the names. We hope to have a full Maggot Drowners meet next year and hopefully it would be an annual event.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Bit short notice for this year, if you do one next year I would be up for it. (y)

kevin o connor

M.O.G. member
Staff member
Site Supporter
I realize it is very short notice, but unfortunately a lot of members in the UK are already committed to attending meets and the calendar is fairly full. This is really to give the Irish members a chance to meet each other and set the wheels in motion for organizing a full MD meet next year. That said if anyone from the UK wants to join us they would be more than welcome.

kevin o connor

M.O.G. member
Staff member
Site Supporter
Just a quick update, We are meeting at O Callaghans pub in Coachford at 10 A.M. on Friday, if anyone wants to join us they would be very welcome.

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
Just a quick update, We are meeting at O Callaghans pub in Coachford at 10 A.M. on Friday, if anyone wants to join us they would be very welcome.
Are you going to buy me one of those black coffees with whipped cream on top buddy?

Dave Spence

Site Supporter
Cars loaded and I’m raring to go, shame there’s only 3 of us but quality is better than quantity🤪. I have not had anything out of inniscarra bigger than about 4oz so I am forsaking maggots in favour of bread, corn and caster to try and tempt a few bream or big hybrids. It should be a good day, the weather forecast is promising and I’m sure we’ll have a laugh. No doubt pics and a report will follow.

gixer 13

Site Supporter
Good luck with fishing never been to ireland but its on my bucket list and i will get over at some point

Dave Spence

Site Supporter
Cars loaded and I’m raring to go, shame there’s only 3 of us but quality is better than quantity🤪. I have not had anything out of inniscarra bigger than about 4oz so I am forsaking maggots in favour of bread, corn and caster to try and tempt a few bream or big hybrids. It should be a good day, the weather forecast is promising and I’m sure we’ll have a laugh. No doubt pics and a report will follow.

Dave Spence

Site Supporter
I will wait until Sunday to do a report but I thought you might like to check out Kevin's new feeder chair

20220429_152339.jpg

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Well done @kevin o connor on organising a meet up, hopefully if you do one next year I'll get over to join you all. Looking forward to reading the report @Dave Spence :) Drowners go to Drohideen ? :ROFLMAO:

kevin o connor

M.O.G. member
Staff member
Site Supporter
I intend to paint the new chair orange and sell the idea to angling world. It will be on the market soon and known as the numbarse feeder chair. Coming to a tackle shop near you soon.