Invalid F:// Drive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thom

Boys and girls, please help me.

I have a niggle with my computer, a compaq (HP) presario CQ70 laptop/notebook.

Basically i use an external harddrive whilst at university and when the computer sits on my desk, however should i wish to start the computer anywhere else where my harddrive isnt connected i get the error message from HPproductassistant reading "Invalid F Drive" this occurs 3 or 4 times each time i click "ok" until it finally goes away.

Now like i say this isnt a problem when connected with my hardrive as the seagate hardrive is the F drive, but otherwise it's a pain - can anyone explain or inform how i can stop this error message from coming up? I believe it could be something to do with the printer which is a HP F4283.

Advice please?

shootinfishin

Better than slappy
It's not a niggle Mental it's just your PC telling you about the stuff you write and funnily enough it agrees with us!!

Invalid F****ng Drivel [:D][:D][:D]

Maggotlover

It could be for some reason when the PC boots up a program is looking for some thing on the F drive what do you store on the F drive ?

Last edited:

Thom

i believe that could be the problem however theres nothing but word/excel documents and music, and the computer isnt using the F drive without me manually saving things to it so im a bit lost!

groundhog

Life Survivor
[:)] Could be your PC HD Looking for the F drive on boot up, and not finding the drive,resulting in the error report.

Chavender

Steve
is the music on F: used by Itunes

is the drive usb connected or part of a docking station

if its usb ,are you using the disconnect tool or just pulling the usb plug out after shutting down ?

Thom

yes its used on itunes?
Yes its connected via usb 2.0?
And just the unplug method :$

Thom

i've tried disconnecting the usb the correct way and it still does it, it seems to be that the computer is trying to load HP product assistant and it cant do so due to an invalid F drive when the hard drive isnt connected.

considering no programs are installed on the harddrive im stumped, and i dont even beleive i have hp product assistant however i do have hp software assistant.

Chavender

Steve
uninstall the hp software ,it's assossiated F drive as either a prefered storage or assossiates that a file is stored there (a music file ? or,maybe a hiden file ? ),and its mapped in the f drive ,so it seeks it on start up too syncronise with it (itunes works in a simular way ) ,if you uninstall it then re-install it with the f drive not connected it should sort itself out .

Status
Not open for further replies.