Intersite Challenge- Northern Date and Team

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Everyone,

Finally got everything sorted from this end and unless there is a big hiccup we have a definite date for the Northern leg of the Intersite Challenge. That is Saturday 5th April on the Curlew and Wagtail lakes at Woodlands, nr Thirsk.

The match will start at 10.30am for a duration of 5 hours and can take up to 44 anglers.
So far I haven't heard anything to confirm from Fishing Warehouse nor can I see any posts about it, (Stephen - get in touch if I'm wrong :) so it looks like there's 5 of us altogether on this leg which means that we can each fish teams of 8.
I'd suggest we meet at the venue around about 9.15am which will then give us time to sort the draw, etc, out.

The lakes are booked at 7.00 per peg used.
Robin has also thrown in a couple of T-Shirts, plus two tickets for the first and second weights in to their big money open in 2004. Also the 3 highest match weights this season will win holidays for two in a 4 star hotel Tenerife next year, so there's a chance there for someone. More details to follow on that one.

If anyone needs accommodation the 'Vale of York' pub has come highly recommended at 16.00 per room, the telephone number for which is 01845 523161 - just tell people to let them know they're fishing at Woodlands.

So come one, definate names below and if there's more than 8 we'll put them into a hat and draw from there.
If you don't get in on this leg then there's always the other two [:)]

Supporters welcome as well especially cheerleaders in short skirts [:D]

Dave Datafile2.gif

Zinky

Grumpy
We will be on the match The young guns want to fish so we have let the Juniors sort out a team.[^][^][^]

"I blame Trogg for everthing"
Websites
http://www.anglingforums.co.uk

Simon R

Site Supporter
You managed to pick the only Saturday in April when I can't make it!

Always next year I suppose

Simon

les middy

'Navigator'
why are we waiting [:p]

is it such a hard job picking the cream team lol [;)] [}:)]

les [8D]

I like work. It fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Wendy,

Thanks, and we'll see you there

If your team want to save some money, tell them all not to buy any bait, etc as it would be a waste of money bearing in mind that they won't be good enough to get a place, well maybe 4th or 5th lol

Dave

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
We have been working on a method of scoring for the Challenge and think we've just about got it based somewhat upon the NFA's team events.

Here goes:

- 40 Pegs consisting of 8 sections with 5 pegs in each
- Team Captains to draw a number, 1 to 5, which then becomes the peg number in each section for each of their team members.

- The Captains then take a bag containing Section letters in (ie 8 discs: A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H) for their team to draw from to determine each member's section.
(ie MD's Captain initially draws number 1; all MD's team members then draw for sections knowing that they will fish peg number 1 in each section)

- Captains have a sheet (provided) with member's names on to record section per member and return before the start of the match.

• 4 points for each section 2nd
  • 3 points for each section 3rd
  • 2 points for each section 4th
  • 1 point for each section 5th
  • 0 points for not weighing in

The points will carry over the series and the winning team is the one with most points overall.
In the event of a tie then the accumulated highest weight of the tied will decide winner.

Individual Optional Pools (per Leg)

Individual Optional Pools to be taken at the start before the draws, (Suggested 5.00) and to pay out for the top 5 places per leg

The pay out will be based on overall weight of those entering the pools and will be based roughly on the following:

• 1st - approx 5/15th's of pot
  • 2nd - approx 4/15th's of pot
  • 3rd - approx 3/15ths of pot
  • 4th - approx 2/15th's of pot
  • 5th - approx 1/15th of pot

Rounded up or down
(eg. If all 40 enter the optional pools then 1st=70.00, 2nd=55.00, 3rd=40.00, 4th=25.00, 5th=10.00)

The above could be used for the whole series and the only possible problem may be with Woodlands and the corner pegs. But as they'll be eight of them I could peg it out to ensure that they are fairly distributed'ish. The general consensus is to leave out three of the eight corner pegs and ensure that each team has one corner

Go get 'em boyz [:D]

Dave

Last edited:

teepee

12/04/02 - 10/01/19
In Memoriam
Mark, thanks for the "good luck" [:)]

they dont know we're playing the "joker" on the first match,[:D][:eek:)][:D]

teepee.

carper2002

'Ronnie'
surely luck doesn't come into it when its the
MAGGOT/ DROWNERs fishing team its the other teams that will need all the luck lads
( COME ON YOU MAGGOT/DROWNERS )
( WINNERS ALL THE WAY )
CHEERS LADS see you all there

RONNIE (carper2002) a smoggy and proud

baz.thornton

If your nerves are going, imagine what the oppositions must be like having to face the might of the MD's

Caught on a Pork Chop on a 22

matt

Teepee, is that 'playing the joker' or 'fishing the joker'? LOL[:D][:D]

HEY DUDE............

teepee

12/04/02 - 10/01/19
In Memoriam
Matt, defenately Playing the Joker [:D][:D][:D]

the pegging is so that each of the five teams have a corner peg plus a spare peg or share of a spare peg,

Woodlands Rules...

1. Barbless hooks only, no flattened barbs or microbarbs. Maximum size 12.

2. Groundbait is allowed, but limited to a total of 1kg. in a feeder or polecup - no throwing.

3. No boilies, bloodworm or joker.

4. Method feeders and method feeder hooks are not allowed.

5. Bait is limited to 5 pints per person. (maggots, casters etc.)

6. Carp pellets only are allowed and limited to 1.5 pints.

7. 18 inch minimum hooklength on feeder/leger rigs.

8. No floating pole - must have a float on the line.

9. All matches are limited to 5 hours maximum duration.

10. The only meat to be used is luncheon meat.

All "weigh-ins" are carried out by "Woodland Lakes " staff.

I would also check the notice board in the cafe/tackle shop entrance for any updates before fishing.

teepee.