Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin o connor

M.O.G. member
Staff member
Site Supporter
With all the helpful advice, hints, tips etc on tackle, methods,venues etc. Not to mention the buy and sell pages.I wonder where angling would be today if it were not for the internet. You can learn more in half an hour pressing a few buttons than sitting for hours reading dozens of magazines. It will never replace learning by doing but it has certainly helped me.[8D][:T][:H]

svenc

London Blanker NOT
This site is above and beyond, Shame I havent the money to be a supporter. No matter your issue its covered on here.

john83

Account Locked
you can pick up a lot of good tips on the net and find info on waters you want to fish, etc. it's had a big impact on angling I think.

Donfish

'Wot's geet Wilf?
You can find the best value for any 'big'purchases you want to make from hundreds of shops/sellers.You couldn't do that looking
through Angling mags/papers.Also Google Earth is great for finding local waters you never knew existed.

zenith20

You're exactly right. The internet is a fantastic tool for learning about, as you say, tackle, venues, methods in individual venues, bait, pegs and a lot more. I doubt very much that without the internet the knowledge wouldn't have been passed on as quick as it has in the last few years. The Carp scene has certainly improved fishing 110% with all the methods etc and without the internet. It really is a deadly tool for learning. A lot better than any magazines. Although saying that it is nice to read a fishing mag every now and again.

Team Man

I bless the internet for being able to find Abulon line, I've tried all over tackle shops to get it, no one seems to keep it here any more but through the internet I tracked some down in Singapore, so now I have replaced my donky's years old Abulon line with new.

Status
Not open for further replies.