internet service providers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

martin.

Account Locked
hi all
at moment with btanytime but from 1st nov they are putting 150hr limit per month so am thinking of changing.
could anyone give there opinions on the others available in laymans terms.
NOTE
we cant get broadband here
thanks

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing flip football

scoobs11

they have just done the same with firenet

i'll have a fiver on the brown one

Larry

Lazarus
martin,
Are you in a Telewest area ,if so try their Surf unlimited i was on it till i went onto their broadband i dont know how much a mth it is now though it was about 20.00 per mth but you had to use 10.00 of internet charges to qualify.

Cheer's Larry AKA as toma say's Shimano Man The Tackle Tart

teepee

12/04/02 - 10/01/19
In Memoriam
Hi Martin, been with AOL since Feb. no probs, no limit, 15.99 a month, you can get an 150hr. free trial at the moment, give em a try it'll not cost anything to try them for a month.

teepee.

Del-J

' Victor '
Martin another good thing about aol is that for tech. help it's a freephone. Mind you I usualy e-mail Dave.[:D][:p][;)][^] lol Dave.[8D][8D]

Del.

Not fishing? Then talk to your friends on MDs.

Simon R

Site Supporter
Martin

I'm on AOL too, never had any problems (except when they update the software)
Try and get AOL 6.0, rather than 7.0. It seems more stable

Simon

Dai Fish

Site Supporter
Hi Martin, I changed from BT internet 2 weeks ago after thay messed up my account, I changed to AOL and so far I am very pleased, I have so far had none of the connection problems I had with BT.

Dai Fish

AndyA

I used to be with BT then Aol and they are the pits ... I'm now with Virgin Net and the have been excellent. It's still a 2 hour cut off but I can surf / download without any hassle (and I use it a lot).[:D]

Aaaah .... soon be fishing !

paul mc

Im also with AOl and have had verry few probs apart from the odd cut off when not active, but they always ask if want to stay connected first.
As soon as blueyonder is available in the leafy suburb of Liverpool ill be on that[:)].At the moment BT want 27 month plus line rental, blueyonder want 25 a month with no line rental[:(]

Regards Paul Mc

Zinky

Grumpy
On freeserve hometime been with freeserve since they first started never any trouble.
But may change to broardband any advice ?? on which one.

MALC

Martin,
I'm on NTL dial up service cost is 5 a month (increase to 10 in December)no limits regards how much use and no extra charges but have to reconnect after 2 hrs.

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Here's a couple to try as well as those mentioned:

http://www.v21.co.uk

http://www.tiscali.co.uk

http://www.uk.clara.net

http://www.freeserve.co.uk

And here's a tip if you do go with AOL (but don't tell them I told you as one lad once did):
Towards the end of your free trial month, phone them up and tell them that you want to cancel the account as you are going to try somewhere else to compare. The nice people at the other end will try to persuade you that there is no one better, they will send you loads of bumf to read and the best part, they will extend your free trial for another month [:)]

There is some method behind it and that is after your second 'free' month they expect you to have become settled and established so therefore you would not want to move on - a bit like moving house, lol

Dave

Bluey

19/08/02 - 25/08/10
In Memoriam
Hi all!

we're with NTL broadband and sometimes the system can be infuriating and confusing, slow and just occasionally bl**dy minded BUT and its a big BUT (touch wood rub rabbit foot etc.)we'venever been restricted on time or access. During school hols the kids (3 off them) are on here sometimes for up to 10-12 hours a day collectively so I don't think we do too bad out of the 14.99/month we pay

Bluey

Born To Fish
Forced To Work

teepee

12/04/02 - 10/01/19
In Memoriam
iv'e thought about upgrading to broadband just had a look at this that Dave put up, http://www.v21.co.uk
anyone got broadband from v21, if so any info.

cheers,

teepee.

waxlion1

Hi

I'm with www.0800dial.com the service is 24/7 with a cut off after 2hrs and it's 12.99 per month. I#ve had very few probs.

Waxlion1

Digger Barnes

' Digger'
Hi all
i am now on ntl broadband, free instalation 14.99 a month, apart from a couple of hickups no serious problens,
definatly recomend.
Brian Barnes

Fish4Fun

jonesr

Anybody with more info. on B.T. Broadband? I've been with NTL.TV and Phones.With AOL on line and with no other problems other than dial up time,but not all the time.AOL is highly recommended by me,and if you keep moving the time out does not come up. If Broadband is recommended
I will maybe be switching when I move in the New Year.Cable is not avallable at my new address.B.T phones only and Sky T.V.
Ron J

Last edited:

AlanP

'EastAngler'
Hi

For those of you interest in Broadband please don't assume that just because BT is advertising it you can get it. Not all their exchanges are capable of delivering the service.

Go to this link - http://www.bt.com/btbroadband/ns_home.jsp - and then to the 'Can I get It?' option on the left-hand menu. You will be prompted for your phone number and it will then check availablity for you.

As for a general ISP, I use Freeserve at home, on their "pay as you use" service. I found that this gave me a faster connection speed as well as no problems dialing in after 6pm. Previously I was on their flat rate service and always had problems getting online in the evening "peak period".

For the amount we use it from home it works out cheaper this way as well.

AlanP

scoobs11

one tip if your getting cut off with the inactivity thingy ie when typing out big emails or reading big mails is to set your email to check every ten minutes if you have a 15 min cut off .

i'll have a fiver on the brown one

mrfish

I've swapped to AOL and had no probs....got fed up with the godlike attitude that BT have....give them a try 12o hours for the first month free and 15.99 afterwards....mrfish[:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.