International moves

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
Two! . How much stuff have you got. I would still drive myself for 8k. Sly might drive 1 for you, but don’t count on it getting there. ?

Tyecon

If no success at nolan's try roach frieght there actually based in rosslare harbour

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
If no success at nolan's try roach frieght there actually based in rosslare harbour

Cheers mate, as I said earlier, my biggest problem is not being able to give a definitive date.

sly

bit better gear,still no idea
Site Supporter
i not bovvered,i got broad?shoulders
plus,whilst i getting picked on the non site supports are getting a rest :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Dave Spence

Site Supporter
i not bovvered,i got broad?shoulders
plus,whilst i getting picked on the non site supports are getting a rest :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Looking through the Guru catalogue in the 'up to a tenner' section:p

Dave Spence

Site Supporter
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Only joking nice and quiet
Don't put my blood pressure up like that mateo_O It's the biggest purchase we have ever made and we haven't even seen it. Mother and Father in law viewed it for us and sent video's and I am just hoping that they like me:p

On a serious note, what's the coarse fishing like?

Tyecon

River wise not very good you got to drive at least a good 1 1/2 hrs to get on the Barrow anywhere from st Mullins upwards best bet for information is Oakland lake in new ross 45 min drive they have a angling club and the owner is a wealth of knowledge and they competition fish throughout the country there are three fisheries oaklands mixed loch Mahon in kiltealy about 45 mins mixed with a trout lake and southern county fishing resort in Carlow about 1 1/2 away beautiful place trout fishing but has evolved in to a carp water as well up to 20 l/b

DAMFLASK CHRIS

Site Supporter
Hire a couple of 7.5ton box vans for a long weekend and me and the not so Wise One will go get it with a couple of lads, drive it over, deliver it, help you unpack and take the vans back :D

just looked at website would be no good for you anyway cant take them out of UK mainland was just checking for taco I had to drive one for my for my job had to have card

willothewisp

willothewisp
Site Supporter
Hire a couple of 7.5ton box vans for a long weekend and me and the not so Wise One will go get it with a couple of lads, drive it over, deliver it, help you unpack and take the vans back :D

I moved most of my lot myself in a Luton van in 2011, from near Skipton,Yorkshire, to Co Down. A big clear out to charity shops preceded that. Three friends helped load up what I had condensed in garage as much as poss in cardboard boxes, tea chests etc. Started packing about 9am, 5th Oct 2011, then driving the 240 miles for an evening Cairnryan ferry to Belfast. Drove the 40 miles to new home and slept in the empty house floor overnight then unloaded with help of three family members. Drove back to ferry, slept two hours on boat then drove van overnight back to Yorkshire to return it before 9am as agreed. Spent three days clearing/cleaning up the "old house" for sale/rental before returning to Ireland with remainder of stuff, mostly fragile electronics, TV. Hi-Fi etc in my then Alhambra people carrier. No breakages or damage at all. Mind you my Yorkhire friends told me that after looking at the weighed down van springs on my departure, they worried that I'd never make it in one piece. My family members after unloading looked at all the stuff in garage and new house and marvelled that such a volume was packed in one van. To which I am reputed to have said: "Aye, and next time I ever move it will be in a much smaller box, C/O Mc Mullan's" ie, local undertaker!
Was then 67, and fairly knackered, but worth it as total cost was a fraction of quotes received. Couldn't do it now though and anyway I'm here to stay: very content!