Internal Bush

MaxGwill

Im elasticating my new pole tomorrow and just looking for a bit of advice.

Internal bush, should i glue it or not? Ive seen it done with and without so unsure on the best way about it, what do you do?

MaxGwill

Thanks all, ill try without for now and see what the fit is like, it's a brand new pole so I can attempt making a snug fit myself if not glue it is

davej1981

I always use internals and have never glued them , just get one that is a tight fit and really has to be pushed in hard ...external bushes are rubbish
Genuine question- why are externals rubbish? Ive only ever used them and would be interested to know

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Genuine question- why are externals rubbish? Ive only ever used them and would be interested to know
Not as much pole tip cut back to fit them , meaning usually pole tip is to bendy, which doesn’t allow the elastic to work as well..Also line has more tendency to snag on them , although people that use them will never admit to that.In the early days I used to use them, so I know it happens

davej1981

Not as much pole tip cut back to fit them , meaning usually pole tip is to bendy, which doesn’t allow the elastic to work as well..Also line has more tendency to snag on them , although people that use them will never admit to that.In the early days I used to use them, so I know it happens
Im always happy to change if theres a genuine advantage to doing it