interesting drive to work

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Quite good fun driving to work this morning, just the occasional "large puddle", and even flooding in places i've never known it flood before!
I did have my dashcam running but the video is really dark cos it's bloody rubbish :(

Got to admit, i do love driving through the lanes and it's sooooooo much better when it's all flooded, although unlike a couple of years ago i haven't followed a carp up the road yet and there were no Audis or BMWs stuck in the floods but it hasn't finished raining yet so there's still time :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Well my insight to buying our Albert a wax Coat paid off, just need some wellies now cos he is just like a little kid and will go out of his way to walk through a puddle. And on that very moment i dropped the Laptop as England go over :oops:

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
well, that's my journey to the night job for Lord n Lady Sandon screwed lol.

Guess i'll be finding another way around then cos even my beauty won't make it through that...got some great footage of my drive home from the day job an hour ago but i'm off out again now so it'll have to wait till tomorrow!

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
I live at the highest point of my town, nearest river is 2 miles away.... natioanl building company had to buy back the houses they built because they "forgot" to mention when selling them that there was a possibility of flooding.

The area hadn't flooded since some big storm back in the 60's but it was still recorded as a flood risk area......they flooded a couple of years ago and surprised everyone but it was discovered that other building work had caused the water table to rise under the new houses and when there was a half decent storm it forced the water up out of the ground.

We've got a new bypass being built on the outskirts of the town, they have been driving piles in to sit the road on as it passes over the marshes.
The land they are driving the piles in hasn't shown any signs of actual water for over 10 years that i can think of, it was a bit spongy underfoot but no water showed..... in the last month the whole area has become waterlogged with massive pools appearing everywhere and now we have the floods from yesterday adding to it!

It's amazing how mankind can change an area in such a drastic way in such a short time!

Couple of videos from the local cowards "spotted" page (where you can post anything you want to anonymously) ......

this one, a guy saw a stupid old bloke try to drive through the flooded road even though it has massive closed signs up..... he then panicked when his car starting floating and just sat there refusing to get out so this guy waded in and "saved" him.

I'd have left the dozy old b****rd to float into the deepest area and then clapped him for thinking his 4x4 was going to get through water that was over 4ft deep!

rudd

Site Supporter
What rain? living in one if the driest parts of the country - we are not far off drought conditions with water tables very low.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
That would Be our Alberts Paradice Trogg as long as the water dont go too much over his Todge he would be Bouncing.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
That would Be our Alberts Paradice Trogg as long as the water dont go too much over his Todge he would be Bouncing.

The one with the canoe is about 200yrds up the road from where the fuel station is, the guy pushing the 4x4 is just at the shallow end of the flood the fuel station in the first post i made from Staffs cops is just to the right of the video and it had 3ft of water inside the shop.

They reckon it's going to be closed for 2 months while they dry it out, get rid o all the polluted stuff and then get all the electrics sorted agin, luckily the underground tanks are sealed and have DCD run pipes to fill them and they are sealed with screw on tops...... which is lucky when you consider they are about 2ft below the surface at the moment!

Cant get those videos, to to open, click on arrow only get a flash

No idea mate they're facebook videos that are public so you should be able to view them?

Wise Owl

Account Locked
When Lock lane in Castleford Flooded early this year i think, a bloke was seen Jet skiing in the Floodwater :ROFLMAO:

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
That flood better be gone by the time I get there, cos no way am I bringing the boat !

No worries mate, i live at the highest point of Stafford, the only place higher is the man made hill the castle sits on...if we flood then the whole Trent Valley is under approx 100ft of water ;)

kevin o connor

M.O.G. member
Staff member
Site Supporter
I know you live at the highest point of Stafford , sure I saw all the junkies hanging around the last time I was over ! :drums: