Interchangeable Guru Hybrid Feeder conversion

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Quick video showing how Matt Alcock made the guru hybrid feeder interchangeable.
Makes life loads easier if you keep your rods made up or need to change size/weight mid session.

Credit: Matt Alcock

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
How does that work without making them a fixed rig?
Slide feeder onto line. Tie a big twizzled loop. Fit Drennan connector and hooklength. You're fishing. Need to change size or to a pellet feeder, undo Drennan connector, slide feeder off, slide new one on refit connector, fishing again...... (twizzled loop allows free running, but is extra strength and resistance to abrasion)

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
Slide feeder onto line. Tie a big twizzled loop. Fit Drennan connector and hooklength. You're fishing. Need to change size or to a pellet feeder, undo Drennan connector, slide feeder off, slide new one on refit connector, fishing again...... (twizzled loop allows free running, but is extra strength and resistance to abrasion)
What Chris said👆

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I had a blonde moment and thought you were connecting the feeder using one tied to your main line :)

Total

Site Supporter
And @Godber ......While the above does indeed work with the Drennan connector, when the feeder rest against said connector it encourages the hook link to sit off at funny angles which doesn't look right to me or conducive/repeatable towards a decent hooking arrangement....

Of course the Drennan connectors work well with Drennan feeders as the connectors sit in a pocket and becomes a semi self hooking arrangement, one which most of the waters I fish at is against their rules....Drennan Quick change beads solve both problems IMO....

tincatim

Site Supporter
Those beads are hit and miss. You can break your teeth trying to move that middle cover left or right to expose the crook on some of them.
Was just thinking the same. There’s nothing quick about these if you get some that won’t shift.

pauln

Dreadexit
Site Supporter
I have used these for years to allow quick change ( a long thin baiting needle is also needed )
( In plastic pellet feeders I ream the hole (3-5mm) so the inner bit fits inside )