Insurance

62tucker

Site Supporter
Last week got my car insurance renewal. It had gone up £40. Phoned them up and just said. What the best you can do with same cover before I start to look elsewhere. Result £40 off and same price of last year.
Today. House insurance the same. Up £26 Phoned and said the same. Result £24 of with same cover. Could of got £30 of with £50 more excess.
Happy with all that for another years.
Ps it cost more to insure my static caravan than my house and contents ?‍♂️

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
It's annoying, why do they bother?
Every year, a five minute argument on the phone, and I pay the same as last year.

I suppose if 1 in 20 pay the new higher premium ...

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Last week got my car insurance renewal. It had gone up £40. Phoned them up and just said. What the best you can do with same cover before I start to look elsewhere. Result £40 off and same price of last year.
Today. House insurance the same. Up £26 Phoned and said the same. Result £24 of with same cover. Could of got £30 of with £50 more excess.
thats cos caravans get stolen.... bit difficult to nick yer house (y) :cool: :p

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
you'd be surprised.... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Mr Bite

Missed a bite ???
Site Supporter

Should have shopped about first then phoined them up you may have saved more.

foster82

They wanted to put my car insurance up by £100 this year to £750, quick a call and got it down to £450. After telling them I had found it cheaper else were.

Mr Bite

Missed a bite ???
Site Supporter
Just renewed mine. For the second year in a row it's came down. 3 years ago it was £615 this time £465. I never use internet Ins always use a broker. They do all the shopping about before contacting me.

bezzer

In the past 10 years I've never had the same house or car insurance company year on year.
Loyalty isn't rewarded and unfortunately there are too many people who renew without either ringing up or using a comparison site.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter

JESUS!!!! who are you insured with?

My static used to cost me £4.90 a year because it was chained down and never moved, because it was sited we had to have the gas and electric safety thing done every year so that was also a bonus for bringing the cost down.

62tucker

Site Supporter
JESUS!!!! who are you insured with?

My static used to cost me £4.90 a year because it was chained down and never moved, because it was sited we had to have the gas and electric safety thing done every year so that was also a bonus for bringing the cost down.
Van and decking insured for £60,000 so not get that insured for £4.90

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Van and decking insured for £60,000 so not get that insured for £4.90

ahhh right mine was only insured for £38,000 and we didn't have decking, couldn't be arsed with all the messing about putting it up and keeping it clean :blahblah::blahblah:

pauln

Dreadexit
Site Supporter
If its within a few £'s of last years I renew. If its more I shop around take out a new policy and usually they say they will match the new quote. I tell them its too late they should have tried harder at renewal.

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
If its within a few £'s of last years I renew. If its more I shop around take out a new policy and usually they say they will match the new quote. I tell them its too late they should have tried harder at renewal.
My van insurance went up £200 this year (multi policy for two vans) I just switched to another who was £150 cheaper than last years premium, the existing insurer rang and said they could match, like you, I said too late, should have sent that price in the first place - I’d have even paid it if it had remained the same. No idea why they stuck it up, vans were the same, no claims, job the same, haven’t moved house, no idea what they base it on.

emmaemma

Site Supporter
I think most people have cottoned on but its a chore having to re-insure and get new deals on gas and lecky every year and switching internet providers when thay start to take the michael.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
they rely on old folk, disabled folk and "none internet savvy" folk to just accept that the price has risen and pay it without question.

62tucker

Site Supporter
they rely on old folk, disabled folk and "none internet savvy" folk to just accept that the price has risen and pay it without question.
Exactly. Remember my dad got a quote which was way to high. I told him not to accept it and I look on net. Got one £200 cheaper but when I went to see him and do it for him he had already phoned and signed up. His reason was the bloke was nice and came from where he was stationed in the army ?.
I have noticed when I phoned this week. Part of the rubbish they tell you at the beginning is. The operator may receive a bonus if you sign up today.