Insurance Companies Rip Offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyfp

Account Locked
After our bit of a flood in the kitchen we decided to see what we were exactly covered for.
IE, Search and seek. which means , stripping out anything that may be hiding a leak, IE, kitchen units, bath tub, or shower tray. NO WE ARE the call centre operative said.

Anyways after some 20 odd years of paying our bricks and mortor insurance, content insurance with Northern Rock we have decided that its time to leave.

I told the said operative about leaving and guess what she told me,

It will cost 25 to leave, [:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!]

I said are you mad, and i sort of lost my rag. We are not going to renew our insurance come the time to renew, and she hit me with that nice little slap in the kisser.

More rip off from insurance companies. [:(!][:(!]

PS

That was on top of the bank crisis, we LOST all our shares in the sodding place, again through no fault of our own.[:(!]
The big wig fat cat bosses will be getting a handsome pay bonus because of the rise in profits. [:(!][:(!][:(!]

Col7777

I have had that with other compaines not just insurance where they charge you if you leave, this is something that wants banning.

A few people have found out when they claim they find that the insurance doesn't cover them for what they are claiming for, if you ask on the phone if you are insured for xyz they say, "Oh that is extra, do you want to take out our premium plan?"

Another thing as well, you agree to pay the first x amount of the claim, and half the time it is hardly worth claiming.

andyfp

Account Locked
The operative asked me if i wanted to pay anther 9.50 PER MONTH to cover the sort of leak and strip out and locate work. !!!!!!!!!

Can you guess what i said, LMAO

nobby478

miserable old ....
It's a very strange business, is insurance.

They are there to make money, and do ...a lot of it!

Now presumably if you add up all the premiums you pay for a particular type of insurance the total should exceed any claim you might submit. Other wise they could never make a profit .... there has to be more coming in than going out or they'd go broke.

But that isn't really what happens.

The profit comes from all those people who pay a premium but never claim.

They paid for something they never needed...they subsidised the insurance company and stopped it from declaring a loss. The insurance company likes people who take out insurance they never need.

The insurance company does NOT like people who take out insurance and DO need it. They are just a nuisance and spoil all that lovely profit. So they must be discouraged from claiming with increased premiums and contracts where they have to pay the first part of any claim thay might make...the excess. So the insurance company sell you something you don't need or they sell you something you DO need but make you pay for some of it yourself.

Like I said, ...it's a very strange business is insurance.

And don't forget there are other type sof insurance too, all sold on the same timeless principles.

There's a warranty on that second hand car you just bought from the dealers..guess who paid that premium..yes, you!

Then there is the 'service' industry insurance...British Gas Homecare anyone.......

...you've got that too, haven't you, Andy? [:D][:D][:D]

You do know they just declared 58,000,000 profit, don't you.

kleinboet

Get the fact that you have to pay for leaving and look on your insurance paper to see if it is a CONTRACT for a year. Tell your solicitor that as they are not prepared to pay for the investigation of the leak after the years you have paid without claiming and are asking extra money to leave and ask him to send the company a letter.

Sir back and watch!!
I think they are chancing their arm!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.