inserting a picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

neil fallows

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Im new to this computer lark how do i insert a picture with a report.Cheers Neil

G

neil look to the top of the board you will see my photo on the right hand side,bottom row,click on there mate and follow the instructions.

bablefish.gif

catch me if u can
Andy,
Datafile3.asp

crusty

Hi Neil,
Its dead simple once you've done it. Go to the "MY PHOTO" at the top right hand side of the screen, click on it when you are ready to insert your pic, and its pretty much self-explanatory.

It might be a good idea to have a bash at it in the playground first, see how you go on.
hope that helps.

crusty

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Datafile.asp

First step Look at the top right hand corner of the screen, you will see........My Photo....Click on the link.

A box will appear with,Upload your Photo,crunch your photo,etc,

Inside the box you will see 2 buttons with BROWSE and UPLOAD.
Click on the BROWSE button,that will take you to your computers photo files, when you decide what photo you want to post,click on the button with OPEN, that will take you back to the upload box,click the UPLOAD button then wait.
When your photo is uploaded the file name and number will appear above the upload box.

When you see the file name appear,Hold your left mouse button down and run your cursor over it,it will then go a dark colour,once you have done that place your cursor over the darkened file name,right click,then click COPY, close the window, when you are ready to post a picture in your report,simply right click your mouse,then click PASTE.

This will post your photo into your report.

Your photo may have to be reduced in size to post it,
Please use J-Peg not Bit-Map Formats.
The maximum size is 500x500 pixels,or less than 30,000 bytes

If you have any trouble with posting your photograph,let Admin or one of the Mods know,we will try to sort it out for you.[;)]

Peter.
Datafile3.asp

Make Friends,
Go Maggotdrowning.

martin.

Account Locked
your getting good with your instuctions peter

tight lines.
martin.
Datafile3.asp

talk fishing flip football

alan edmonds

Peter..great information mate..you're better than me .. I left my brain cell in the 'shed' ( only you would get that)

''i've waited long but i would wait forever''

Alan

Lid

Dave

This question comes up so regularly, why not put an explanation like Peter's into the FAQ section?

Lid [:)]

SLAB

I followed the instructions but i picked the wrong photo .Ipicked the PDD file instead of the J Peg .How do i remove the photo .

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Lid, excellent idea and I have now modified the forum files and database so that I can add additional FAQ's when they crop up.

In there you now have additional instruction on how to include a photo into your posts and your profile.
Also I've included the good, old favourite about receiving hundreds of unwanted emails - as i still get asked that now and again [:D]

SLAB, If you've added the wrong file type don't worry as this will be removed when the database is checked

Dave
Datafile2.asp

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Awwwwwwwwww Shucks [:I]

Peter.
Datafile3.asp

Make Friends,
Go Maggotdrowning.

nodding dog

hey guy's i to was wondering how to do this, but my problem is i can't see where it says my photo anywhere, when you say top right hand corner, where do you mean i'm lost ??[:I][:I]

MALC

quote:Originally posted by nodding dog

hey guy's i to was wondering how to do this, but my problem is i can't see where it says my photo anywhere, when you say top right hand corner, where do you mean i'm lost ??[:I][:I]
Make sure your logged in and you'll find it top right coner above your name and below home page.

MALC
Datafile2.asp
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

Apache

Right under where its says The Maggotdrowner's Forum

Tight Lines,
Matt headbang.gif beer-toast1.gif firedevil.gif DJ.gif alcoholic2.gif ladiesman.gif

DataFile.asp

Heathlands Angling Club - http://www.heathlandsanglingclub.8m.com

hoppy

hoppy
quote:Originally posted by nodding dog

nodding dog, here you go>>>>

Datafile4.asp

"Take your time, but hurry up"

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
As it says in the FAQ's - you need to be logged in to use it [:D]

The link will only show to logged in users, if you're not logged in you cannot see it [:)]

Dave
Datafile2.asp

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
quote:Your photo may have to be reduced in size to post it,
Please use J-Peg not Bit-Map Formats.
The maximum size is 500x500 pixels,or less than 30,000 bytes

There is a perfectly good reason for this.Every 100,000 bytes takes approximately 1 minute to load on a 56k modem assuming theres a good connection.
Also everytime someone takes a look at a page with them in, the total number of bytes for the page and photos is called the bandwidth.

If the page is viewed often and the total file size is huge then it's not long before you effectively use up a large chunk of bandwidth which in turn slows the page down when it loads.

Periodicaly Admin will be running a maintainance program on the database which will delete files over a set size (60,000 bytes)
If your pictures are over that they will be deleted [:(] so please make an effort to keep them somewhere close to the suggested sizes as a lot of these photo's are far to good to be lost.[;)]

Peter.
Datafile3.asp

Make Friends,
Go Maggotdrowning.

Status
Not open for further replies.