Ink cartridges.

John Step

Site Supporter
I think it was on MD where someone recommended a firm that does refilled or generic cartridges. I am after a HP black 304 replacement.
Being not very up on these things I have just bought a colour cartridge in error that was a waste of thirteen notes.

The originals seem expensive for a casual user like me.

Any recommendations please.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Be careful. I just bought some "compatible" Asda cartridges for my HP. Can't use them as HP have downloaded a block of some sort, that seems impossible to bypass. Had to bite the bullet & buy some overpriced HP ones. Complete rip off.

John Step

Site Supporter
Be careful. I just bought some "compatible" Asda cartridges for my HP. Can't use them as HP have downloaded a block of some sort, that seems impossible to bypass. Had to bite the bullet & buy some overpriced HP ones. Complete rip off.
Thanks for the info. The whole thing seems a rip off to me.

160642fishing

Site Supporter
I think it was on MD where someone recommended a firm that does refilled or generic cartridges. I am after a HP black 304 replacement.
Being not very up on these things I have just bought a colour cartridge in error that was a waste of thirteen notes.

The originals seem expensive for a casual user like me.

Any recommendations please.
Have a look at this and give it a try John.I know it is for the HP301 but I think it applies to the 304 also.

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Alternatively look into refilling your cartridges.

In theory you use the original cartridge, you drill a small hole, pump in the ink put a rubber grommet in the hole and away you go. I think I saw the kits on ebay

emmaemma

Site Supporter
I did not know they could do this........Doesn't sound legal to me.....?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
You can enroll in the HP Ink program which means you pay a small amount each month depending on your use and HP supply the ink as part of the package. It starts from 99p a month....

I'm on the £3.49 a month and tbh I feel it's great value for money, never run out of ink, get the original cartridges, and no worries about nacking your printer up with cheap ink