ingleby road help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

harveyjohn199

Hi, just wondering if anyone could give me any info on ingleby road pond. I heard it is a day ticket water. Do you just pay on the bank and is it the one with the caravan site to the rear. Thanks

brian carragher

Site Supporter
No its the one by the road side before you drive into the caravan site

Just park up and fish he'll generally be round to collect

Simon R

Site Supporter
Originally posted by harveyjohn199
do the carp run into double figures.
Well they're supposed to - closer to 20lb than 10lb I'm told
But I dunno how many of the big fish actually saw a set of scales[;)]

I haven't fished it much - I prefer the owners other pond - Dale View - cos it's got very few carp in it.
Fished it last April and had fish to over 5lb and lost a couple of considerably larger ones
Details on this thread from last year:
http://www.maggotdrowning.com/forums/threads/89376

Hope that helps

Simon

harveyjohn199

Thanks fot the information mate, Just wondering if you would have a postcode for the dale view water. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Simon R

Site Supporter
I haven't got a postcode but it isn't difficult to find.

Head for Great Broughton as though you were going to Ingleby Road but instead of turning left at the mini roundabout go straight across.
Carry on along that road, climb Clay Bank and roughly a mile past the summit, as you're dropping down into Bilsdale you'll see a great big pair of wooden gates on your left hand side - thats the entrance to the pond.

Simon

harveyjohn199

Thanks for the info simon. Just checked google maps, am I right in saying dale view is on the b1257 and has an island feature. Just wondering what its stocked with. Thanks again

Simon R

Site Supporter
Originally posted by harveyjohn199
am I right in saying dale view is on the b1257 and has an island feature.
Yep that's the one[:D]

It's stocked with almost everything - tench (including goldies), crucians, roach, rudd, ide, orfe, skimmers (and proper bream to 6lb+), perch, goldfish and this year he's bunged a few small carp in to grow on before moving them down to Ingleby Road.

This slide-show I put together will give you an idea of what you're likely to catch.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8n8ViElSIJQ[/youtube]

Simon

harveyjohn199

Thanks for all the information simon its really appreciated. Hoping to get down there in the next week or so and give it a good go. Never know we might bump into you. Tight lines mate. Cheers, John.

Status
Not open for further replies.