Info sought Drennan series 4 pole ( old ? ) 14 meters

david white

Site Supporter
Hi,
for someone who rarely, 3-4 times in as many years, I've bought the above, I'm guessing old pole as I can't find any info on it ( it's mainly to introduce the grand children into fishing ( if they show an interest ) but who knows as I fish more ponds and local rivers are so deep I may even be able to utalise it myself ( poorly back issues permitting of course )
I'm looking at details of elastic ratings and any info about general use and suitability any comments or views more than welcome ( warts and all )

Simon R

Site Supporter
Ooops meant to reply to your PM after I'd made a couple of enquiries:unsure:
The only Series 4 that I recall Drennan producing was a range of pole floats but no actual rods/ reels or poles with that name.
Spoke to the local tackle dealer and he was equally puzzled.

I would suspect if it doesn't say 'Carp' anywhere on it then it isn't a carp pole and as such I'd err on the side of caution and stick to a maximum of 8/10 elastic.
A photo might help - or try sending a PM to Richard Norris - user name RMNDIL I think

Simon

johnrichard

I have the series 5, exactly the same, they also did the series 2, kim Milsom used to use it to fish for carp on I think it was the canal ,down his way.

david white

Site Supporter
I have the series 5, exactly the same, they also did the series 2, kim Milsom used to use it to fish for carp on I think it was the canal ,down his way.

Hi many thanks for your reply are the sections interchangeable then ?
ps welcome to the md family

johnrichard

I don't know if the are interchangeable, but the series5 has a spiral wrap, they all came at 13 metres, and the number 3 is a little brittle, so would not go above no8, solid, or 11 hollow, good for skimmers and roach, remove number one section and its okay for carp up to 5-8lb. thanks for welcome john.