Info on Ireland please

Status
Not open for further replies.

AL_Peters

'The Entertainer'
Hi.
i am planning to visit ireland 3 or 4 times next year i have already booked one holiday in may and i am going to Scariff in co.claire i have booked this through empire holidays and they tell me the river scariff and lower lough derg are red hot at this time of year.
As i said i plan to go over 4 times and i was wondering if the fishing is any good early on say january or febuary and also i would like a little info best times to go venues etc etc through the year.

Thanks in advance

martin.

Account Locked
hi al peters
welcome to the mad MDs
if you want to check up on previous posts on ireland you could look further back on MDsthere have been quite a few topics on different places in ireland at different timsof the year

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing flip football

AL_Peters

'The Entertainer'
Thanks mate

Happiness is playin wif yer rod

Adam S

Account Locked
Hello al

sorry i didnt notice this post for so long.

Scariff (the river scariff and lough derg ) did fish really well (comparitively) last year the usual heavy baiting and feeder approach saw some bags to over 300lbs recorded in april and may.

january and feb might be a bit early for the bream, but then again it might not be. that time of year can be very hit and miss, but bring a pike rod or two and you should get some action though.

early season,jan/feb the roach should feed but the bream can be picky so be prepared to fish light.

good lucK
ADAM

http://groups.msn.com/ADAMSALBUM79

stevieb

Shakin
Site Supporter
hi Al
Been to Ireland many times.... though not where you are going, but where ever I've been, and its been said so many times befor, almost everywhere you go you need to prebait, and also try to find out befor you go what area,s are consistant at that particular time of year.... what can be a red hot flyer in May, might be a stone cold dry net in January

Good luck and make sure you hit the black stuff

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.