Inflation

62tucker

Site Supporter
Inflation down to 1.3%. Could we see interest rate cut to 0.5 in future to try to boost growth.

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
Bank of England person him say every possibility on yesterday's (Tuesday)news.

crackatoa

Site Supporter
Absolutely pathetic that this is pretty much the only thing keeping us out of recession. The last 10 years are tantamount to economic incompetence of the highest order. Total destruction of a society to enrich as many already wealthy people as possible.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Having said that the last 10 year our Gert has inflated a bit ????

Reuben

Site Supporter
Account Locked
Absolutely pathetic that this is pretty much the only thing keeping us out of recession. The last 10 years are tantamount to economic incompetence of the highest order. Total destruction of a society to enrich as many already wealthy people as possible.
?

nejohn

Site Supporter
Surely not...!!!! all those rich toffs with money to invest getting such a low return on any investments. Interests rates being very low for a sustained length of time does no one any good in the long run...easy borrowing caused by low interest rates forces property prices up so doesn't really help the working man unless you alrady own a property or are happy to rent, low returns on investments due to low interest rates don't help the rich as very little incentive to invest, possibly help bussiness owners as the low cost of borrowing means it is cheaper to grow a bussiness which I supose has a knock on to the work force. We are currently in a bit of a doldrum where no one is doing really badly and no one is doing really well. We can all manipulate figures to read how we want them (just think food banks.....yes there are more people using food banks than there was 20 years ago ......good reason for that ....20 years ago there were very very few food banks). The reality is the UK is doing OK not doing well but not doing badly so the main issue is how we manage the next few years as they will determine which side of that OK fence we fall on

62tucker

Site Supporter

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Maybe you should change your name to Wolfie Smith and join the Tooting popular front..... Powaaah t'da Peepuuuuul.... bloody commy

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Good afternoon gentlemen, if I was God I would make the BOE rate 4%, it should stay there barring financial upheaval so everyone
knows what is what. Money is too cheap and this in itself causes trouble also the people who invest in saving would get a decent
return. The banks and building societies are laughing their heads off.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
the problem is the banks are still charging 4-5-6% or more for a Mortgage and more on personal loans.... if the base rate is 0.5% then lending rates should be lower.... wish I was buying my house now instead of the 80's and 90's when interest rates were in the teens :p (joke... mortgage paid off 8 years ago):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::cool:(y) (and I wouldn't have got a house for £20,000 either... Smug Mode Engaged)

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Debt scares me. I think some of these dreamer type programs like `escape to the country` sow the seeds of dissatisfaction. With cheap
money people think beyond their means, much the same with cars.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Nice to be mortgage free. Otherwise I wouldn’t of been able to retire at 55. Only finished it in the November and retired in the next July. Really wanted 3or4 years working mortgage free to boost my savings but a “get out of working” card came my way. Got offered it at 7 am. Signed it at 7:10 am.