In the Dog House ...

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
I bought her a sirloin steak - much more practical :D

Another thing Boxers have a habit of doing is a silly twirl around dance when they get too giddy or excited - never ever put a finger under the dog's collar to hold it.

My eldest daughter did just that with Max our previous male Boxer when someone called at the door he knew and liked. He got excited, started bouncing around, she hooked his collar with her forefinger, he continued to twist and nearly pulled her finger off as the collar tightened up on it. Then he panicked as the collar tightened on his neck.
Luckily I heard the screams, saw what had happened, grabbed a kitchen knife and cut his collar to release them both. There is no way I could untwist the collar with them both attached to it.

As luck would have it she got away with severe bruising, and shock.

If you need to hold a dog's collar make sure all four fingers are under it.
A convivial night spent in a small caravan with three others and Max, convinced me that I should just stick to terrier dogs

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Max was trained to pull, using the command 'mush!' and he'd be off like the clappers, great for long walks up steep hills :)

One day I met @steak on the canal towpath and he was about to push his laden trolley down the path and over the bridge to his van, so I tied Max to the front of it, Steve holding the handles, shouted "Max, Mush!" and off they went, legs and feet flying in all directions as Steve struggled to keep up :D

steak

Left hand drawer
Max was trained to pull, using the command 'mush!' and he'd be off like the clappers, great for long walks up steep hills :)

One day I met @steak on the canal towpath and he was about to push his laden trolley down the path and over the bridge to his van, so I tied Max to the front of it, Steve holding the handles, shouted "Max, Mush!" and off they went, legs and feet flying in all directions as Steve struggled to keep up :D
He can come and help me get round Bennys for the Fur &Festher 😉