In the Dog House ...

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Not me - Winston, well and truly :eek:

The missus took him out and went for a walk in the park with her sister (socially distancing of course)

Anyway, they bought a coffee, sat on a park bench, and watched and talked as you do, catching up on things and putting the world to rights.

Winston meanwhile suddenly found his attention was desperately needed elsewhere and lunged forward after whatever he saw completely catching my missus unaware and resulting in launching her off the bench with the attached lead, airborne and landing on her hands and knees whilst bumping her forehead on the ground.
She's got a few bruises, and he's well and truly in the dog house tonight 🙈 :smash:

When a 38Kg Boxer decides he's off, brain doesn't engage, launch mode activated, he's bored of waiting, and woosh >>>>>> we're off!

Threats of cutting his whatsits off, cutting his food down, sticking him in kennels, and whatever else have been voiced in his direction :eek:

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hope that "T" is Ok Dave, I take it that you've been lavishing care and attention on her. :love2:

danny_glover09

Site Supporter
Not me - Winston, well and truly :eek:

The missus took him out and went for a walk in the park with her sister (socially distancing of course)

Anyway, they bought a coffee, sat on a park bench, and watched and talked as you do, catching up on things and putting the world to rights.

Winston meanwhile suddenly found his attention was desperately needed elsewhere and lunged forward after whatever he saw completely catching my missus unaware and resulting in launching her off the bench with the attached lead, airborne and landing on her hands and knees whilst bumping her forehead on the ground.
She's got a few bruises, and he's well and truly in the dog house tonight 🙈 :smash:

When a 38Kg Boxer decides he's off, brain doesn't engage, launch mode activated, he's bored of waiting, and woosh >>>>>> we're off!

Threats of cutting his whatsits off, cutting his food down, sticking him in kennels, and whatever else have been voiced in his direction :eek:
Hope Mrs W is ok.
When he puts on ten more kilos he will be able to box as a flyweight and not send people flying...
Has he got his sad face on?

62tucker

Site Supporter
On a serious note it canny common for shoulder injuries to happen this way as happened to my mates wife. Bad shoulder and pulled muscle in chest.
Could be a claim in to the owner as I heard he’s loaded 😉

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
T's ok, a few bumps and bruises and a 20p sized blood blister on the palm of her hand where the lead nipped. It was more the shock than anything else.

Winston knows he's done wrong, he's got his guilty sulk on, never been so well behaved since. I'll deduct monies from his food budget to buy the missus a bunch of flowers or sommat on my way back from fishing today ;)

pies

Site Supporter
Took my sisters 4 boxers out for a walk in December. All on leads two per hand. I wrapped leads around my arm usisg sane connection as pole rig to elastic
Anyway got back to her field and she shouted I could let them off the lead, they were pulling a bit. I released the first pair and woosh they were gone but the others thought the could go. Err no the ripped me of my feet and the knot just tightened on my wrist. They must have dragged me 10-15ft before they twigged. Soon as they were free the buggered off no thoughts about me.
so Dave i know how sore ur misses must be, daft dogs 🐕

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
I remember Elvington and my rottie 'pup' (all 9 stone of him) dragging the wifes bedchair across the site at 3am, she'd gone for a P and thought her bedchair would be enough to stop a 'mummies boy' rottie from moving.....

I still haven't fixed the zip on the bivvy 😂😂😂

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
".......cut his whatsits off".
Unless you're going to use him as a stud dog they should have been long gone.

JayBee

Site Supporter
T's ok, a few bumps and bruises and a 20p sized blood blister on the palm of her hand where the lead nipped. It was more the shock than anything else.

Winston knows he's done wrong, he's got his guilty sulk on, never been so well behaved since. I'll deduct monies from his food budget to buy the missus a bunch of flowers or sommat on my way back from fishing today ;)
A bunch of daffodills only £1 from most supermarkets .........Now you're fishing again, don't deplete your bait requirements, or not have the requisite amount for your day ticket!.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I bought her a sirloin steak - much more practical :D

Another thing Boxers have a habit of doing is a silly twirl around dance when they get too giddy or excited - never ever put a finger under the dog's collar to hold it.

My eldest daughter did just that with Max our previous male Boxer when someone called at the door he knew and liked. He got excited, started bouncing around, she hooked his collar with her forefinger, he continued to twist and nearly pulled her finger off as the collar tightened up on it. Then he panicked as the collar tightened on his neck.
Luckily I heard the screams, saw what had happened, grabbed a kitchen knife and cut his collar to release them both. There is no way I could untwist the collar with them both attached to it.

As luck would have it she got away with severe bruising, and shock.

If you need to hold a dog's collar make sure all four fingers are under it.

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
I bought her a sirloin steak - much more practical :D

Another thing Boxers have a habit of doing is a silly twirl around dance when they get too giddy or excited - never ever put a finger under the dog's collar to hold it.

My eldest daughter did just that with Max our previous male Boxer when someone called at the door he knew and liked. He got excited, started bouncing around, she hooked his collar with her forefinger, he continued to twist and nearly pulled her finger off as the collar tightened up on it. Then he panicked as the collar tightened on his neck.
Luckily I heard the screams, saw what had happened, grabbed a kitchen knife and cut his collar to release them both. There is no way I could untwist the collar with them both attached to it.

As luck would have it she got away with severe bruising, and shock.

If you need to hold a dog's collar make sure all four fingers are under it.
Buy a York is terrier, much easier to handle.😁

stikflote

Site Supporter
I have a Yorky here they have very sharp teeth as i know to my cost ,and trying catch him round house
he,s so fast