Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi All,
I have received this and by the looks of things it looks quite nasty:

Subject:
NEW VIRUS WARNING (18-Nov-2001 21:33)

lotus@micro.com.ng <mailto:lotus@micro.com.ng>
READ IMMEDIATELY AND PASS ON TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW

Someone is sending out a very cute screensaver of the Budweiser Frogs.
If you download it, you will lose everything! Your hard drive will crash and someone from the Internet will get your screen name and password!
DO NOT DOWNLOAD IT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!
It just went into circulation yesterday. Please distribute this message.This is a new, very malicious virus and not many people know about it. This information was announced yesterday morning from Microsoft.

Please share it with everyone that might access the Internet.
Once again, Pass This Along To EVERYONE in your address book so that this may be stopped. AOL has said that this is a very dangerous virus and that there is NO remedy for it at this time.
This is VERY important. If you receive a screen saver from a friend or anyone you may not know with the Budweiser Frogs in it, DO NOT DOWNLOAD IT OR OPEN THE FILE!

Send this notice to EVERYONE you know. Let's keep our email safe for everyone.

----end of warning----

I've heard of the Budweiser Frogs in the past, and there has also been a few hoaxes regarding the same, but to be on the safe side...

Dave

FAQ: Can I be notified by e-mail when there are new posts ?
Yes, the 'Subscribe to' feature allows you to subscribe to individual Categories, Forums and Topics. You will receive an e-mail notifying you when a post has been made.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Dave

Theres also a warning e-mail going round asking people to pass the warning on to everyone in their address book, the problem being it contained a hidden "back door" program so the original sender of the mail could get access to your pc!!!

Alan
insomnia is nothing to lose sleep over

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
I have had notification of this "VIRUS" several times now. I believe its a hoax its sent out to worry people.John

Status
Not open for further replies.