Status
Not open for further replies.

mookie

mookie
Sorry Dave Help ????????????? doing something wrong somewhere

MOOK

mookie

mookie
icon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gif Thanks scouse thats what l was going to do...how the hell did you do it mate?????

Cheers

MOOK

scouse

'River Man'
hi mook
wish i had your email press7th icon from left
looks like a camera click on you get
put what you want to send in the middle
to check if it has worked press preview
ok mate dave (scouse)

les middy

'Navigator'
Scouse
7th icon from left of what????????????

i'm
totally thick about puters just mastered puting smileys in icon_smile_sad.gificon_smile_blush.gif

les icon_smile_big.gif

Edited by - les middy on 05 February 2002 8:50:35 PM

mookie

mookie
Sorry Scouse l am as thick as les....7th icon from where????? you mean insert image????

MOOK

scouse

'River Man'
go to reply to topic
were it says format 7th one along
dave (scouse)

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi all,

The easiest way to include an image in the forum is to use the image tags when you post a reply or start a new topic. If you look on the post page where you would write your message, you will see a row called Format: on this you will see the 7th icon along which looks like a mountain in a yellow box, click this.
Once done you will see (img) (/img) in your post. Between the two parts enter the link to the image effectively like so (img)http://www.somesite.com/photo/you.jpg(/img)
or in this case (img)/photos/badday.jpg(/img).

What is happening is that the first 'tag' - (img) is telling the browser to expect an image. The link is then saying where to find the image, and then the last 'tag' - (/img) is telling the browser that the image link is over.

The variety of tags is enormous. Say you wanted to write something in red, you could use the colour tag before your text - (red) then include your text, blah de blah , then close the tag so - (/red)

It takes a bit of getting used to but once mastered you can have some fun in your postings :)
Next time you're on, go into the 'Playground' forum and have a play with the icons in the Format: row to find out more. They'll give you a brief description when you put your mouse over them.

I've replace the square brackets that you would normally see [ ]with round ones ( )so that this will show up icon_smile.gif

If at anytime you are not sure what you have done is working, click the Preview button prior to posting the reply. This will open up another window showing you what you have written prior to posting it ~~~ hope this helps icon_smile.gif, Dave

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Can we put photos on the www.maggotdrowning.com/photos page?

There may be something about it already but I can't find any reference.

Newt Vail

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Newt,

At the moment, if you want to include a photo to link to you need to send them to me within an e-mail and I'll add them from this side, returning the link details to you.
This is only a temporary situation but is neccessary because of the size (bytes) of most photos not to mention some of the content icon_smile_big.gif
In due course we should be able to come up with a method that enables everyone to 'crunch' the photo and then upload it to a database to then link to, similar to the profile pics.

In the meantime - Dave@maggotdrowning.com

icon_smile.gif Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.