Immigration, WTF is going on.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Do you not think that it would also have an effect on people's voting behaviours in the next elections - Reform? anyone who has a mandate re opposing mass immigration?
Perhaps there might be a stand off in the Channel - the UK far right pushing back against the French far right ?

George Jones

Site Supporter
I think immigration played a big part in recent votes. Both here and across Europe. Hence the rise of the Far Right in many countries.
And as for a stand off in the Channel - the UK far right pushing back against the French far right? That's the stuff dreams are made of

richox12

I'll agree but for many it isnt. Even Bravermann is admitting that those coming over on small boats are doing so legally when applying for asylum.
Yes, as soon as they apply - after landing on the beaches. Once they 'claim' asylum then UK has to abide by international law for refugees and asylum seekers and it becomes a total nightmare, legal tangle, argument & counter argument. And we pay both sides of it !!

It's not UK law, it's not EU law but the UK is signed up to an international treaty.

Rapala68

Site Supporter
Do you not think that it would also have an effect on people's voting behaviours in the next elections - Reform? anyone who has a mandate re opposing mass immigration?
Perhaps there might be a stand off in the Channel - the UK far right pushing back against the French far right ?
Why do you think Starmer came out saying Britain needs to stop relying on immigrants. He knows what people want to hear and is trying to win votes !

Chris Calder

Site Supporter
Why do you think Starmer came out saying Britain needs to stop relying on immigrants. He knows what people want to hear and is trying to win votes !
I'm sure Starmer will come out strong on a way of stopping the crossings a few months before the election if it's still going on by then, massive vote winner if he does.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
And I suppose if he has some idea but holds onto it as an election 'winner' the fact that he could have saved the country upwards of £5,000,000,000 (£5 Billion) had he opened his mouth earlier would obviously go down well with the electorate ;)

Chris Calder

Site Supporter
I watched Sky news and BBC news today and didn't hear it being covered that 50 Conservatives had been in touch with the PM to get the Albanians removed ASAP, saw it on a banner going across the screen on sky, good for GBN to cover it.

BBC though was covering I'm a celebrity's get me out of here as a top news item, The media should really be highlighting the count coming over every day, it seems in the UK a travesty has to be on the news every day for them to do anything about it.

Dave gsx1400

Well the illegals have a big problem now because our Holiday Inn is packed to capacity with them already......any more and they`ll just have to sleep in their countrymans local car washes:ROFLMAO:

Flathead

Site Supporter
I watched Sky news and BBC news today and didn't hear it being covered that 50 Conservatives had been in touch with the PM to get the Albanians removed ASAP, saw it on a banner going across the screen on sky, good for GBN to cover it.

BBC though was covering I'm a celebrity's get me out of here as a top news item, The media should really be highlighting the count coming over every day, it seems in the UK a travesty has to be on the news every day for them to do anything about it.
So not on the BBC news then?

Flathead

Site Supporter

Flathead

Site Supporter
A few MPs ‘demanding’ something is not particularly interesting is it…most people couldn’t care less what they shout about.

How about the government actually doing something?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
How about you sticking to the Politics room instead of politicising other threads ;)