Immigrant's In Austrailia.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamen

Account Locked
Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia, as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

A day after a group of mainstream Muslim leaders pledged loyalty to
Australia at a special meeting with Prime Minister John Howard, he and his ministers made it clear that extremists would face a crackdown.

Treasurer Peter Costello, seen as heir apparent to Howard, hinted that some radical clerics could be asked to leave the country if they did not accept that Australia was a secular state and its laws were made by parliament.

"If those are not your values, if you want a country which has Sharia law or a theocratic state, then Australia is not for you," he said on national television.

"I'd be saying to clerics who are teaching that there are two laws
governing people in Australia, one the Australian law and another the
Islamic law, that is false. If you can't agree with parliamentary law,
independent courts, democracy, and would prefer Sharia law and have the opportunity to go to another country, which practices it, perhaps, then,that's a better option," Costello said.

Asked whether he meant radical clerics would be forced to leave, he said those with dual citizenship could possibly be asked to move to the other country.

Education Minister Brendan Nelson later told reporters that Muslims who did not want to accept local values should "clear off".

"Basically, people who don't want to be Australians, and they don't want to live by Australian values and understand them, well then they can basically clear off," he said. Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques.

Quote:

IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians.

However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the "politically correct" crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others. I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Australia.

However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand.

This idea of Australia being a multicultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Australians, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle.

This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.

We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, Learn the language!

Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push but a fact because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, Because God is part of our culture.

We will accept your beliefs and will not question why, all we ask is that you accept ours and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.

If the Southern Cross offends you, or you don't like " A Fair Go", then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet.

We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. By all means keep your culture but do not force it on others.

This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this.

But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag,Our Pledge,Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, "THE RIGHT TO LEAVE".

If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.Pretty easy really, when you think about it. I figure if we all keep passing this to our friends (and enemies) it will also, sooner or later get back to the complainers, lets all try, please......

breambreambream

If only they had afforded the aboriginals the same set of rules then I guess there would be no Howard and Costello now ??.

"This idea of Australia being a multicultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Australians, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle."

Culture ??? .. what culture ?? more culture in a yoghurt carton.... and by language I guess they mean "English" unless we count "Cobber .. Drongo .. Sheila and Bruce" as being the Australian language ...

Only good thing to come out of Australia was Kylie Minogues rear ...

We as Brits and colonials have no room to speak when it comes to influencing other nationalities for the good as I think we have not given the World too much to shout about and the Aussies have given even less.

Kamen

Account Locked
Thats twice you've said that???

I have buddies living in OZ and NZ and they are all very happy and doing well!!!

But if ya allow boat loads of immigrants in the indignant cobbers decent way of living will be trashed over night!!!!!

Last edited:

gary410

Wouldn't want boat loads of undesirables Going to Astralia, look at the last time that happened [:p][:T]

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Isn't this a very old and discredited story? Clue being that the Oz PM is Julia Gillard. Howard was PM 1996 to 2007.

Ron Clay

Originally posted by breambreambream

If only they had afforded the aboriginals the same set of rules then I guess there would be no Howard and Costello now ??.

"This idea of Australia being a multicultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Australians, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle."

Culture ??? .. what culture ?? more culture in a yoghurt carton.... and by language I guess they mean "English" unless we count "Cobber .. Drongo .. Sheila and Bruce" as being the Australian language ...

Only good thing to come out of Australia was Kylie Minogues rear ...

We as Brits and colonials have no room to speak when it comes to influencing other nationalities for the good as I think we have not given the World too much to shout about and the Aussies have given even less.

Have you ever been to Australia?

Ron Clay

Originally posted by Neil ofthe nene

Isn't this a very old and discredited story? Clue being that the Oz PM is Julia Gillard. Howard was PM 1996 to 2007.

And Julia Gillard believes in more or less these same principles.

I have spent quite a bit of time in Oz and the people certainly are not your "typical Australian". Many are British immigrants who have become extremely patriotic about Australia, and the British Commonwealth of Nations.

My son married an Australian girl 4 years ago. Both of them have done extremely well in Australia and own their own property. In May next year they are expecting their first child.

My son took out Australian citizenship recently, yet still supports the Proteas and the Springboks when it comes to rugby and cricket.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Originally posted by Neil ofthe nene

You are right Neil.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/australia.asp

breambreambream

Ron ... I Arrive into Tullermarine airport at 9.30pm on the 26th .. just in Singapore at the moment and going to a Melbourne wedding on the 29th. Lived Dee Why on the Northern beaches from 1988 - 1991 .. Subiaco in Perth until 2002 so remember the Bob Hawke and the Paul Keating days .. Bondy and Holmes A Court .. Lang Hangkok corruption and rorts ..
Australia was good to me financially but only from my own doing ... the majority of Australians are far from hard working and it is the immigrants of all nationalities and religions that have moulded Australia and made the place what it is .. so can see no merit to forcing any one to leave a country where the so called good people slaughtered .. raped and pillaged ... kidnapped kids and attempted ethnic cleansing on a scale never seen before .. think a few radical muslims would most probably be a better example at the side of the Christian Brotherhood from 50 years ago ... or the good Catholic priest sent to educate ?.
Would hardly say the Australian politcians have a lot to hold their hands up to .. Hawke ... Howards .. the Keatings or Gillards of this world have sold the mineral wealth from beneath the noses of the Australians and still slug them for 50% tax once they start to earn anything above 100k a year.
But nope I know nothing about Australia ??...

Ron Clay

I tend to agree with you Triple Bream. I have spent most of my time in Oz in NSW with the occasional sojourn to Perth in WA. My son lives in Cronulla, famous for the Cronulla riots.

There are a lot of people you meet in the street who complain about the present government, the high prices and the high taxes, although I found Sydney cheaper than London.

But come the next election, the little Welsh redhead will be gone, mark my words.

But I love Australia, particularly Tasmania which has some of the most friendly and un-pretentious people in the world.

reel1

Ron, you always have great things to say about other countries, Australia, America etc, travelled and worked all over, family here there and everywhere, why do you live here?

Polecup

Yes, I am a
Originally posted by Kamen

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia, as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

A day after a group of mainstream Muslim leaders pledged loyalty to
Australia at a special meeting with Prime Minister John Howard, he and his ministers made it clear that extremists would face a crackdown.

When is this from?? John Howard hasn't been the Assie PM since 2007. Julia Gillard is the PM now and yes she is hard on the immigrants but rightly so!!!

kleinboet

Guys - You NEED a heads up! This Country will be no more in the near future. Look at how much money and effort was used to get rid of that Hook-handed "cleric" (I don't think anyone else in the world wanted him!) Everything we do these days, we have to be SO careful that it is not branded racist.

Now I will ask you a question - think about it and answer HONESTLY.
The Minority ibn this country want to build a MASSIVE Mosque near London - It will apparently be MASSIVE, dwarfing everything else in London.

If you agree then whenever you say this country is Christian, the minority will point to the mosque and disagree.
I can see that in the not too distant future, if you say you are a christian, you will be labeled RACIST!
I can see

reel1

Kleinboet,
Planning permission was turned down [;)]
As to the country being Christian, how often do you and other "Christians" go to church?

thetraveller

Originally posted by kleinboet

Guys - You NEED a heads up! This Country will be no more in the near future. Look at how much money and effort was used to get rid of that Hook-handed "cleric" (I don't think anyone else in the world wanted him!) Everything we do these days, we have to be SO careful that it is not branded racist.

Now I will ask you a question - think about it and answer HONESTLY.
The Minority ibn this country want to build a MASSIVE Mosque near London - It will apparently be MASSIVE, dwarfing everything else in London.

If you agree then whenever you say this country is Christian, the minority will point to the mosque and disagree.
I can see that in the not too distant future, if you say you are a christian, you will be labeled RACIST!
I can see

Haven't you seen the big temples being built by the leaders of modern religion at Canary Wharf?

flotador

Originally posted by codenamemilo

Kleinboet, you repeatedly fail to make a distinction between race and religion.

Possibly because he doesn't want to see a difference....His funniest posts though are the ones where he rants against immigrants....(He was one himself for most of his life)......Perhaps that's because he is "different" [:D][:D]

kleinboet

Mock if you like.
Reel 1
Firstly, apparently open to mocking, I attend church every Sunday, as I was brought up.
Traveller
Not living (or going any where near London) I haven't seen them - What do you mean by "MODERN" religion?
codenamemilo - I think you need to go and have a lie down - where did I mention race? Please read the posting again!

reel1

Firstly, apparently open to mocking, I attend church every Sunday, as I was brought up
In that case i suggest you start to live by Christian values.

Status
Not open for further replies.