Imagine this in a puddle.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Fish being taught how to eat on command

Fish species at a Chicago aquarium are to be taught how to eat on command.

They will also be trained to gather at a designated area of their pools at the Shedd Aquarium to make feeding time as orderly as possible.

Among the first students are groups of sharks, including a 4-foot blue Napoleon wrasse, a blue-blooded species with the ability to change sex.

"What we're trying is probably the most complex training effort ever attempted with fish," said Bert Vescolani, vice-president for the Shedd's aquarium collections.

Rachel Wilborn, a Shedd worker, recently used a mechanical clicker to catch the attention of some of her pupils, three zebra sharks named Freckles, Blondie and Seymour.

"They come right up to the side and ask for food, but to get it, they have to touch a rubber bulb on the end of a pole with their snouts," she said.

The three hit the bulb and got tuna steaks as a reward.

Even Trogg should be able to catch something then [:eek:)]

Dave

Datafile2.gif

Adam S

Account Locked
Hello

sounds like normal prebaiting to me, teaching fish to feed on command at the same time and place each day! Thats pretty much my aim when i prebait.

All i seem to be missing is the rubber bulb on the end end of my pole, damn skid bungs it seems i have been putting them in the wrong end all along, ill hang it from the hook next time.

ADAM

http://groups.msn.com/ADAMSALBUM79

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Erm whats so special about that?? my fish already gather at the top right handside of the tank every night at 20:00 (this includes the common channel & blue catfish).

Oh & Dave

SOD OFF

Alan

Just cos i ain't postin, it don't mean i ain't watchin

snakey

PAA COACH
I bet the wrasse changed sex fluttered her eyebrows and went straight to the front of the queue.Poor old tuna, bottom of the food chain again.

NOT TAKEN UP GOLF YET

Status
Not open for further replies.