I'm wanting a change in Job/Career

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fluff

I'm an unmarried guy of 44yrs. I've really had enough of working in a factory doing shift work for the last 20yrs. Whilst it does pay a reasonable wage, i hate being there. I enjoy fishing and the out door kinda life. Have you guys any suggestions or information on how i could be looking for jobs in the out doors. Especially connected with fishing.

Many Thanks.
Steve. [:)]

Benji

Account Locked
I was hoping you wanted a career in IT, in which case I would offer you a job swap, had enough of flying desk, its been kick the cv into order weekend, and get the red pen and newspaper out and get looking.

stevieb

Shakin
Site Supporter
Trouble is fluff, unless you are very well qualified the chances are that any sort of job of the type you are probably looking for is gonna be pretty poorly paid compared to factory shift work....
If it was reasonably well paid I suspect 90% of the Maggotdrownders would be queueing up for an interview as well!!!
Good luck though

Steve

nico12

Grebe Grabber
Why not study with the forestry commision or take a course in fishery management etc.

Long termer this unless you know anyone

National Trust?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I believe there's a few vacancies for Vagrants - the pay isn't much but it's an outdoor life with little in the way of overheads [:D]

You get to travel as well lol

zhorian

Buy a boat travel the waterways ..... take a year off ..... get a job later .....

Benji

Account Locked
Originally posted by Dave

I believe there's a few vacancies for Vagrants - the pay isn't much but it's an outdoor life with little in the way of overheads [:D]

You get to travel as well lol

Have you got an application form for this[?]

Benji

Account Locked
Originally posted by newies_maggots

Originally posted by Benji

I was hoping you wanted a career in IT,

then realised..

MMMMMMMM i dont like mice, and a computer as a mouse.

ill give this a miss

[:D]

You kind of knew the IT industry was going pear shape, when mice lost their balls [:D]

Fluff

Well thanks for all your comments humorous ones as well. The boat idea sounds good. Thanks .
Cheers Steve.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
you're welcome [:D]

In all seriousness though, life is too short to do a job you don't like for the sake of just money
Especially if you've no ties or committments as such.
Putting it into perspective at 44 you've probably worked 26 years and you've got another 21 to go before retirement - do you really want to spend the second half of your working life doing a job you dislike?

nrayner

Dry stone walling. Demand increasing all over the country and gets you out and about.

Status
Not open for further replies.