I'm cured!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Codger

Having popped out to a local (ish) commercial for a few hours yesterday, and having put up with lads shouting and swearing and thrashing the water with dog biscuits, carp spawning & not interested,plastic bags floating in the margins (some of which I removed) I am now cured of fishing until the rivers reopen and I can settle, in my seclusion, on the banks of the beautiful, uspoilt, Wye, eagerly anticipating the 3ft "twitch" that tells me the Barbel are on the feed!!!
Each to their own!

[;)]

stinky_docker

Couldn't agree more, commercials provide a little something to do whilst waiting for the season to open....

Last weekend I walked 10 miles of the Bristol Avon, Barbel spotting and getting them feeding on pellets, can't waiting to explore this in a couple of weeks with my rods......

badpegpicker

Proud to be a.....
In a way I have to agree with you about the litter and arsehole dilema Codger[:(]

Ive noticed lately a huge increase of rubbish at a couple of the places I frequent. Its the summer Im afraid. No different really to the parks and picnic sites.

A bit of sunshine, and they all come out in droves like reverse Locusts[:(!]

They descend on the area and leave behind a wasteland[:(!]

Fortunately, these sorts are few and far between, but as in all cases, its the few that spoil it for the many[V]

Personally if I see any rubbish in my peg, or along my to and from a peg, I ll pick it up.
Caught a bloke the other week chucking a paper coffee cup into the car park from his car and had a quiet word with him......

Strangely he took offence to me[:0], I was ever so polite, and no malice intended, merely mentioned the fact that if the fishery owner had seen it, he would have banned him immediately.

A procession of Fecks came my way, so i just picked it up and walked off.........

Just wait till the next time I see him and the owners about......just about 2 minutes before the draw should do it, AFTER he has paid his money[;)][;)]

greentura

Greenie
don't know about that 3' twitch but i'm getting twitchy waiting for the 16th[;)] might have to go down the canal for a dangle to take the edge off the hunger[:D]

bluemack

Site Supporter
Originally posted by greentura

don't know about that 3' twitch but i'm getting twitchy waiting for the 16th[;)] might have to go down the canal for a dangle to take the edge off the hunger[:D]
wont be long now mate,forget the cut,just sit tight !![:D][:D]

Nick_D22

Look river snobs i fish a few very nice "commercials" that are very well looked after by owners and anglers who really appreciate them.Just because you have had a few bad experiences doesn't mean you should tarnish all "commercials" with the same brush.I also don't like the way the skill and effort i put in fishing "commercials" is derided by you bloody amazing river fisherman. So what, you sit on a bank and catch Barbel from a fast river.Big whoop.Don't parade around like your gods gift to fishing.

Last edited:

fish finder

callum
Originally posted by badpegpicker

In a way I have to agree with you about the litter and arsehole dilema Codger[:(]

Ive noticed lately a huge increase of rubbish at a couple of the places I frequent. Its the summer Im afraid. No different really to the parks and picnic sites.

A bit of sunshine, and they all come out in droves like reverse Locusts[:(!]

They descend on the area and leave behind a wasteland[:(!]

Fortunately, these sorts are few and far between, but as in all cases, its the few that spoil it for the many[V]

Personally if I see any rubbish in my peg, or along my to and from a peg, I ll pick it up.
Caught a bloke the other week chucking a paper coffee cup into the car park from his car and had a quiet word with him......

Strangely he took offence to me[:0], I was ever so polite, and no malice intended, merely mentioned the fact that if the fishery owner had seen it, he would have banned him immediately.

A procession of Fecks came my way, so i just picked it up and walked off.........

Just wait till the next time I see him and the owners about......just about 2 minutes before the draw should do it, AFTER he has paid his money[;)][;)]

they didnt say all commercials were like it nick d22

Nick_D22

Sorry guys i had one of my "moments".I still think some river fisherman look down their noses at us humble commercial fishermen.

badpegpicker

Proud to be a.....
Fishfinder......(and anyone else who may have got the wrong end of the stick in my post[:I])

Im not actually a river angler in all fairness[;)]. And Im by no means a "snob" of any kind of angling[;)]

If it wasnt for the rivers I fished as a kid, I wouldnt be fishing today, simple as, and if it wasnt for the rivers, then I wouldnt have the skills needed to fish the variety of lakes I fish either.

People forget that the older generation of commercial anglers grew up on the canals and rivers, but have switched to the commercials for many different reasons, and have simply adapted their skills and tactics to suit the venues.
In my humble opinion, that makes for a better angler. Being able to adapt and change[^]

Match anglers might have turned away from the rivers due to the numbers falling. Or, if some may remember, there were a lot of rivers that went into serious decline due to pollution during the 80's/early 90's, so they had little choice but to go somewhere that wasnt affected.

Pleasure anglers may have turned to commercials for several reasons, be it an almost guaranteed decent days fishing against sitting struggling for a pair of eyes on the canal on their well earned day off. They may be getting a bit long in the tooth, so comfort and ease of access may be a contributing factor, or it could simply be a case that they fancy having their line tugged by a few decent fish.

99% of my fishing is done on commercials, although I do still enjoy the odd pleasure session on the canals.[^]

I was just pointing out that not all anglers in general are litter bugs and arseholes.[;)]

And lets face it..........

How many truely "Natural" waters are there left in this country?

Unless you go to the remote areas of Wales or Scotland and fish the naturally, thinly stocked lochs, there arent many about.
If its a club controlled water, its bound to have had some fish put in there at some point by someone.
Even the rivers are now routinely re stocked by clubs and the controlling bodies, and all are run by someone who is charging us a fee for the pleasure. That in itself makes it a commercial venture[:T]

shallowman

we are all fishermen who enjoy catching fish .Does it really matter if it is commercials , lakes or rivers etc.

lets face it , all forms of fishing has some idiots leaving litter about.

fish finder

callum
Originally posted by badpegpicker

Fishfinder......(and anyone else who may have got the wrong end of the stick in my post[:I])

Im not actually a river angler in all fairness[;)]. And Im by no means a "snob" of any kind of angling[;)]

If it wasnt for the rivers I fished as a kid, I wouldnt be fishing today, simple as, and if it wasnt for the rivers, then I wouldnt have the skills needed to fish the variety of lakes I fish either.

People forget that the older generation of commercial anglers grew up on the canals and rivers, but have switched to the commercials for many different reasons, and have simply adapted their skills and tactics to suit the venues.
In my humble opinion, that makes for a better angler. Being able to adapt and change[^]

Match anglers might have turned away from the rivers due to the numbers falling. Or, if some may remember, there were a lot of rivers that went into serious decline due to pollution during the 80's/early 90's, so they had little choice but to go somewhere that wasnt affected.

Pleasure anglers may have turned to commercials for several reasons, be it an almost guaranteed decent days fishing against sitting struggling for a pair of eyes on the canal on their well earned day off. They may be getting a bit long in the tooth, so comfort and ease of access may be a contributing factor, or it could simply be a case that they fancy having their line tugged by a few decent fish.

99% of my fishing is done on commercials, although I do still enjoy the odd pleasure session on the canals.[^]

I was just pointing out that not all anglers in general are litter bugs and arseholes.[;)]

And lets face it..........

How many truely "Natural" waters are there left in this country?

Unless you go to the remote areas of Wales or Scotland and fish the naturally, thinly stocked lochs, there arent many about.
If its a club controlled water, its bound to have had some fish put in there at some point by someone.
Even the rivers are now routinely re stocked by clubs and the controlling bodies, and all are run by someone who is charging us a fee for the pleasure. That in itself makes it a commercial venture[:T]
it wasnt me mate i think you mean nick d22[:T]

bluemack

Site Supporter
Originally posted by Nick_D22

Look river snobs i fish a few very nice "commercials" that are very well looked after by owners and anglers who really appreciate them.Just because you have had a few bad experiences doesn't mean you should tarnish all "commercials" with the same brush.I also don't like the way the skill and effort i put in fishing "commercials" is derided by you bloody amazing river fisherman. So what, you sit on a bank and catch Barbel from a fast river.Big whoop.Don't parade around like your gods gift to fishing.
that was funny nick,not deriding you mate i,m sure you and most commercial anglers work hard to catch consistently,i cant do it so i certainly would,nt knock anyone else,brilliantly worded though.P.S.....i cant be gods gift to women AND to fishing!!![:)][:)]

Codger

Originally posted by Nick_D22

Whoa matey! Bloody Hell!!!!
I am not a rivier snob! I am indeed a pretty average angler in terms of fish on the bank...I was just recounting my personal experience on one commercial last week...I am sure there are loads of well run , clean commercials around and as for the question of effort put into angling on commercials...it never entered my mind . I am sure that most people put lots of effort into their fishing.
I think I ended my post "Each to their own"...so off your high horse cowboy!!!!!!
[;)][;)][;)][;)]
By the way...in case it is not obvious...this is all said with more than a hint of good humour!!!!

Last edited:

Nick_D22

Ok i will dismount! I was just having a bad day is all i have great respect for all anglers ( apart from wrongun's obviously)because at he end of the day commercial or river they are promoting our sport!! I meant no offense to anyone.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Originally posted by Codger

Having popped out to a local (ish) commercial for a few hours yesterday, and having put up with lads shouting and swearing and thrashing the water with dog biscuits, carp spawning & not interested,plastic bags floating in the margins (some of which I removed) I am now cured of fishing until the rivers reopen and I can settle, in my seclusion, on the banks of the beautiful, uspoilt, Wye, eagerly anticipating the 3ft "twitch" that tells me the Barbel are on the feed!!!
Each to their own!

[;)]

Not Hazle Court was it?????

john83

Account Locked
theres a couple of places i fish that are commercials but they are immaculate and dont let dickheads on. if the person who owns the place puts the effort in and looks after the water there can be great fishing on commercials.

I dont go the places everyone knows about and are popular, for the same reasons as the original poster. if I could fish a river all the time I would but cant, so commercials have their place.

Status
Not open for further replies.